Allow infinite acceleration/speed on one axis

More
21 Jan 2017 17:52 #86380 by tommylight
Rob mind the port numbering, as you wrote it it will not work, it has to be same for read and write.
In your case read0 and write0, read1 and write1.
paraport0 is always the first paraport1 is the second etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stunning_Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2017 23:01 #86443 by Stunning_Rob
Gentlemen,

Here's what I have so far:

Question: Does the (updated -> Thanks for the tip, no encoders here!) servo and base thread order of operation make sense now? I rearranged the load order by numbering the addf line (thanks for that tip also) to arrive at this order, but only because it made logical sense to me.

Read both parallel port cards, do stuff, write to both parallel ports.
Attachments:

More
22 Jan 2017 23:20 #86445 by andypugh

Question: Does the (updated -> Thanks for the tip, no encoders here!) servo and base thread order of operation make sense now?

That seems pretty logical to me. Does it work?

More
23 Jan 2017 00:38 #86450 by Stunning_Rob
Andy,

It works (loads and runs) so all is good on that end.

More
24 Jan 2017 16:58 - 24 Jan 2017 16:58 #86571 by Stunning_Rob
All,

After further testing, I will regard this issue as solved.

I would like to thank those that assisted me, your a wealth of knowledge and the help is appreciated.

I am now controlling the laser PWM using M67 E## Q## notation and the setup is working quite well.

Occasionally I have the slightest flutter in XY velocity, where it drops to ~90% of intended speed before immediately correcting itself. This speed variation isn't enough to noticeably effect any image engravings I am doing. Furthermore, the velocity flutter seems, after multiple tests with the same input file, to be a random occurrence. I will attest that to machine lag / jitter, etc because it happens sporadically, and my velocity is not nearly as bad as it used to be. Previously I would spend 90% of my time engraving between 25-75% of the intended speed, and now I engrave at the specified velocity 99% of the time.

Excellent improvement, thanks to all for your assistance correcting this issue. I hope this information can be beneficial to others in the future.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2017 16:58 by Stunning_Rob. Reason: Clarity
The following user(s) said Thank You: zack

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds