Skew correction/perpendicularity correction (millkins or millkins_xyz)

More
14 Sep 2023 16:33 - 14 Sep 2023 16:45 #280757 by Aciera
What version of linuxcnc are you running?

My comp will need 2.9 so if you are running lower then I'm afraid it's not going to be as helpful as I thought.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2023 16:45 by Aciera.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2023 14:39 #281165 by adouglas89
it's 2.8.2, still good that things are compatible with the latest and greatest, I will try to upgrade. I have not put a lot of work into this configuration yet so I should upgrade before I do in case I loose stuff.

just gotta make note of my settings on paper first just in case.

Also I think I might roll with mechanical adjustment for the next short while, it is true as others have noted that is the best way, but it is also true that last bit is quite hard to mop up on cheap machines so I will still be wanting it for that last bit, but the current parts I require do not need that tight tolerance.

I will keep working on it. But thanks for the contribution, this is something important that others are bound to need indeed it surprises me that it had not been done along time ago, I guess it was but that stuff wasn't brought along for the ride as the system was improved/changed. Fortunately the fundamental system is well enough designed that this module can be prepared by someone relatively easily like this, so at least it's here now (apparently, still gotta test on a real machine of course)

More
19 Sep 2023 14:49 #281166 by adouglas89
Wait a second, 2.8.4 is the latest stable release, I don't even know where I would get 2.9 and if it's not stable I can't use that for a practical machine.....

More
22 Sep 2023 12:21 #281367 by rodw

Wait a second, 2.8.4 is the latest stable release, I don't even know where I would get 2.9 and if it's not stable I can't use that for a practical machine.....

You coul dtry my experimental ISO 
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...or-linuxcnc-x86-only
Yuo can also look at the getting linuxcnc page in the 2.9 docs

Today a user advised that 2.9 is broken. Its fixed in master branch but not backported
It is possible to edit some files to get master branch if it does break for you

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds