Mitsubishi SSCNET

More
13 Nov 2022 15:06 #256576 by dm17ry
Replied by dm17ry on topic Mitsubishi SSCNET
yes, the 222242ns period is there for a reason. the card uses a digital pll to keep sync with the linuxcnc by varying its 0.22ms cycle a bit according to the phase difference with the linuxcnc's one. MR-J4-B drives are rather strict on the cycle time - they tolerate max -0/+5 bytes of cycle length at 150Mbps. so that timing is about at the middle of that tolerance range

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2022 12:20 #258583 by dm17ry
yet another retrofit in progress - traub tnc 65. originally mitsubishi meldas 500 controller with some customizations from traub i guess. mds-b/c1-v/sp servo drives. the oem controller was alive, so i got servo/spindle params from it. the machine has 3 spindles: main, counter and live tooling. main and counter have hi-res secondary encoders for C1,C2 axes plus hydraulic brakes. two carriages were mapped to Z,X and W,U axes and counterspindle to V, but a secondary independent control channel is badly needed for adequate utilization of the machine potential... also spindle-counnterspindle synchronization is in research...
the machine has no limit switches relying on absolute servo encoders. it has Z1,Z2,V overload sensors. it has two Z1-V proximity switches. linuxcnc homing was configured with rigid stops and servo motor torque limiting.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, besriworld, Aciera

More
05 Dec 2022 12:34 #258586 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Mitsubishi SSCNET
I'm wondering what the original controller did to drive the two carriages independently since I suppose everything came out of the same Gcode. A lot of it was probably handled in the CAM but it certainly seems that you would need two independent linuxcnc installations with the gcode for some of the axes passed over from one to the other with some sort of synchronization.
Thanks for posting. I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

More
05 Dec 2022 12:53 #258590 by dm17ry
afaik, mitsubishi controllers have a "system" entity. i belive it's an independent g-code interpreter+interpolator. for this machine has
system $0: Z1,X1,V
system $1: Z2 X2
system $2 ??? aux functions - workpiece removal
spindles are shared
i don;t have yet a programming manual for the traub, i'll try to obtain one. i guess they have 2 g-code programs running simultaneously plus some means of synchronization between them

More
05 Dec 2022 12:53 - 05 Dec 2022 13:02 #258591 by dm17ry
there's also a fanuc robot on the photo in the background - i may try to get on it too ;)
Last edit: 05 Dec 2022 13:02 by dm17ry.

More
05 Dec 2022 13:26 #258595 by Aciera
Awsome! Lot's to look forward to.

More
06 Dec 2022 01:26 #258651 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mitsubishi SSCNET
LinuxCNC can use absolute encoders, you know....

More
06 Dec 2022 05:37 #258667 by dm17ry
yes, i know. :) but i still use them my own way: a patch to add "joint.x.set-homed" pins and saving motor-offset to the .pos file...

More
06 Dec 2022 06:31 #258669 by Aciera
A patch that could also be worth including in the LinuxCNC source code, I might add.

More
06 Feb 2023 22:04 #263871 by cnc_freak_9988
Replied by cnc_freak_9988 on topic Mitsubishi SSCNET
Hi, can You share how can we connect LinuxCNC via SSCNET?
Can we use STM32? I can write code in C and VHDL - Spartan 6 (IP core), 7 (microblaze), but I have not frame description.
Can You create a tutorial how can we control servo via SSCNET.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds