LinuxCNC Uspace

More
08 Jul 2019 23:20 #138910 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic LinuxCNC Uspace
Well I did get Debian 10 going with the Preempt RT kernel this morning, so why not try to get LinuxCNC, QtPyVCP etc going...

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2019 01:52 #138926 by persei8
Replied by persei8 on topic LinuxCNC Uspace
I got that far too and I'm sure I could have gotten Linuxcnc going but the problem started when I tried to update OpenGL drivers. Qtpyvcp will not run on the version I have and my attempts to update caused a total loss of X functionality. My next upgrade is a fanless miniPC.

More
09 Jul 2019 02:07 #138927 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic LinuxCNC Uspace
@Jim,

To run program's you can overide OpenGl.

In terminal or apply to your program desktop shortcut :

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 ./linuxcnc

In above example ./linuxcnc is the program execute command.

More
09 Jul 2019 11:54 - 09 Jul 2019 18:19 #138944 by persei8
Replied by persei8 on topic LinuxCNC Uspace

@Jim,
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 ./linuxcnc

OK thanks, I will give it a try, but I must say this is well beyond my knowledge level of how this stuff works. I was a hardware engineer and only occasionally dabbled in software. At this point, it's really not that important as I will be replacing the computer anyway.

So that got rid of the OpenGL version complaint but there are other unrelated problems. I installed qtpyvcp exactly according to qtpyvcp.kcjengr.com/install/quick_start.html and get the following:

jim@LinuxCNC:~/linuxcnc/configs/sim.qtpyvcp$ MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 linuxcnc xyz.ini
LINUXCNC - 2.9.0-pre0-222-g664bd969e
Machine configuration directory is '/home/jim/linuxcnc/configs/sim.qtpyvcp'
Machine configuration file is 'xyz.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
Unrecognized line skipped: ;Tool Pocket X Offset Y Offset Z Offset Diameter Remark
Found file(REL): ./hallib/core_sim_3.hal
Note: Using POSIX realtime
Found file(REL): ./hallib/spindle_sim.hal
Found file(REL): ./hallib/simulated_home.hal
QFileSystemWatcher::addPath: path is empty
/usr/bin/linuxcnc: line 896: 9641 Segmentation fault $EMCDISPLAY -ini "$INIFILE" $EMCDISPLAYARGS $EXTRA_ARGS
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
task: 1037 cycles, min=0.000020, max=0.010445, avg=0.009785, 0 latency excursions (> 10x expected cycle time of 0.010000s)
LinuxCNC terminated with an error. You can find more information in the log:
/home/jim/linuxcnc_debug.txt
and
/home/jim/linuxcnc_print.txt
as well as in the output of the shell command 'dmesg' and in the terminal

Last edit: 09 Jul 2019 18:19 by persei8. Reason: Result of trying the command

More
11 Oct 2019 20:18 #147720 by Gene1934
Replied by Gene1934 on topic LinuxCNC Uspace
As most of you know, I am running a converted old Sheldon with an rpi3b, or was. The video was glacial.

So when the rpi4 came out I ordered a 2gig one, and have intermittently been trying to get a preempt-rt installed, running raspbian 10.1 (buster 10.1) I finally succeded yesterday with a 4.19.71-rt24-v7l+ #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Oct 10 15:22:22 EDT kernel.

So I pulled a fresh .zip of master, and waded thru quite a few deps that checkbuilddeps did not catch. Then had to patch debian/control.top.in to add python_yapps and install that.

But now, late in the deb build, I have a huge rash of errors/warnings and it bails out, as follows:

cat debian/linuxcnc-uspace/DEBIAN/shlibs debian/shlibs.pre > debian/shlibs.local
dh_shlibdeps -l debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z32GET_EXTERNAL_TOOL_LENGTH_XOFFSETv used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z26GET_EXTERNAL_TRAVERSE_RATEv used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z13UNLOCK_ROTARYii used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z26GET_EXTERNAL_DIGITAL_INPUTii used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z17STRAIGHT_TRAVERSEiddddddddd used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z32GET_EXTERNAL_TOOL_LENGTH_UOFFSETv used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z24GET_EXTERNAL_QUEUE_EMPTYv used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z9LOGAPPENDPc used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z6FINISHv used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z14STRAIGHT_PROBEidddddddddh used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/librs274.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 136 other similar warnings have been skipped (use -v to see them all)

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library name 'libtk8.6.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/milltask contains an unresolvable reference to symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3: it's probably a plugin
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z21DISABLE_FEED_OVERRIDEv used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z13SELECT_POCKETii used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z12PROGRAM_STOPv used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z30START_SPINDLE_COUNTERCLOCKWISEii used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z22START_SPEED_FEED_SYNCHidb used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z7MESSAGEPc used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z11CHANGE_TOOLi used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z8FLOOD_ONv used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z14ORIENT_SPINDLEidi used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Z21STOP_SPEED_FEED_SYNCHv used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libcanterp.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 26 other similar warnings have been skipped (use -v to see them all)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library name 'libtk8.6.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/rs274 contains an unresolvable reference to symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3: it's probably a plugin
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/schedrmt contains an unresolvable reference to symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3: it's probably a plugin
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3 used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/liblinuxcncini.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3 used by debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/libpyplugin.so.0 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/rtapi_app contains an unresolvable reference to symbol __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3: it's probably a plugin
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so were not linked against libfreetype.so.6 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope were not linked against libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope were not linked against libgio-2.0.so.0 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope were not linked against libatk-1.0.so.0 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope were not linked against libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so were not linked against libz.so.1 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope were not linked against libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so were not linked against libXss.so.1 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so were not linked against libXext.so.6 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/panelui was not linked against libutil.so.1 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so were not linked against libXft.so.2 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope were not linked against libcairo.so.2 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/hal.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halmeter debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/classicladder debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/bin/halscope debian/linuxcnc-uspace/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_togl.arm-linux-gnueabihf.so were not linked against libfontconfig.so.1 (they use none of the library's symbols)
dh_gencontrol
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: can't parse dependency @YAPPS2_RUNTIME
dpkg-gencontrol: error: error occurred while parsing Depends field: g++, ,
python-serial,
python (>= 2.7), python (<< 2.8),
python:any, ,
linuxcnc-uspace (= 1:2.9.0~pre0),
@YAPPS2_RUNTIME | python_yapps@
dh_gencontrol: dpkg-gencontrol -plinuxcnc-uspace-dev -ldebian/changelog -Tdebian/linuxcnc-uspace-dev.substvars -Pdebian/linuxcnc-uspace-dev -UMulti-Arch returned exit code 255
dh_gencontrol: Aborting due to earlier error
make: *** [debian/rules:118: binary-arch] Error 25
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2

So something is still mucked up.

What do I do now?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Genes Web page <geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

More
12 Oct 2019 12:32 #147734 by Gene1934
I may have missed a step in following that 8 page tut. I went back thru the Building LinuxCNC tut again, checking off each step in turn, and it passed all the runtest stuff, so now its well toward the end of another dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc, with so far only about 2000 string warnings.

I also installed python_yapps, and restored debian/control.top.in from the zip pull.
dpkg-shlibdeps is having a cow but it did not bail out because of missing yapps.

So its building the pdf.debs now. Done. And they are copied to the usual path on my web page, go to Genes-os9-stf/LCNC/raspbian-armhf/buster-10.1

I am in the process of gzip -rkc --best rpi4-kernel >rpi4-pre-empt-rt.tgz (--best is slooooowww) and will put it all on my web page for testing later this morning after I install it here. The kernel works here on a 2G rpi4. Its what has built the rest of this.

The rpi4-pre-empt-rt.tgz is going to be a huge, slow download, but is the whole 2.65GB MaryAnn as built here, unpack it and follow the install copies stages from the tut should just work. If not on your rpi4, on a raspbian-10.1 install, its all there, fix it.

ls -l raspian-armhf/buster-10.1/
total 2661348
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 14896200 Oct 12 07:17 linuxcnc-doc-en_2.9.0~pre0_all.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 11454764 Oct 12 07:16 linuxcnc-doc-es_2.9.0~pre0_all.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 6159540 Oct 12 07:15 linuxcnc-doc-fr_2.9.0~pre0_all.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 6912228 Oct 12 07:17 linuxcnc-uspace_2.9.0~pre0_armhf.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 11203812 Oct 12 07:16 linuxcnc-uspace-dbgsym_2.9.0~pre0_armhf.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 743244 Oct 12 07:14 linuxcnc-uspace-dev_2.9.0~pre0_armhf.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 2673833390 Oct 12 07:34 rpi4-pre-empt-rt.tgz

Note: I had to rename /etc/init.d/realtime.dpkg.new to realtime
And rename /etc/linuxcnc/rtapi.conf.dpkg.new to rtapi.conf

Then copied all my /home/pi/linuxcnc/* stuff back to where it lives on the pi3 on the pi4.

Then I got this when trying to load the configs for the sheldon:

pi@rpi4:~ $ linuxcnc
LINUXCNC - 2.9.0~pre0
Machine configuration directory is '/home/pi/linuxcnc/configs/sheldon-lathe'
Machine configuration file is '7i90-axis.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
Found file(REL): ./hm2-7i90-stepper.hal
hm2: loading Mesa HostMot2 driver version 0.15
hm2_rpspi: SPI0/CE0 Invalid cookie, read: 00000000 00000000 00000000, expected: 55aacafe 54534f48 32544f4d
hm2_rpspi: SPI0/CE0 No drive seen on MISO line (kept at pull-down level). No board connected or bad connection?

And indeed it isn't, so I've got some hardware to go and hookup yet today.
Have fun folks. I've a grin from ear to ear. Maybe by tomorrow I can move iron under its own power again.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

More
18 Oct 2019 23:40 #148241 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic LinuxCNC Uspace
You do know that I put a complete, working, RPi4 LinuxCNC SD card image up on the LinuxCNC server?

More
19 Oct 2019 00:53 #148256 by Gene1934
>>You do know that I put a complete, working, RPi4 LinuxCNC SD card image up on the LinuxCNC server?

Yes but that was a while back, and no one had said spi was working yet. Everyone was using ethernet cards. I grabbed it at the tme, but it was a nogo on my pi4. Stopped booting at a tty1 login, but no mouse or keyboard, so no login possible. dmesg said they were there, but they didn't work. I mentioned it on the list but got only one reply, from TomP: IIRC. Thats back up the log at least 2 weeks or more now.

What I have is a somewhat cobbled version of hm2_rpspi that is working against the 7i90HD in spi mode right now. So as soon as I get a 65F day, and can open the garage door for working room, I'll swap out the pi3 for the pi4, and then cobble up something in the hal files to duplicate the missing units function/module. That exact same code ran fine on jessie and stretch on the pi3.

But I've no clue where the heck it went the minute I tried to run this exact config on buster. But once I get it moving iron, I'll be asking where to find the input data that controls the display mode. But as thats part of the gingerbread I've added to pyvcp, it can wait till its otherwise running. Two #'s take it out of the picture till then.

Unless you've snuck in a newer version without mentioning it in the last two weeks?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

More
19 Oct 2019 01:02 #148257 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic LinuxCNC Uspace

Yes but that was a while back
What I have is a somewhat cobbled version of hm2_rpspi that is working against the 7i90HD

The image is a run-in-place linuxcnc-dev, so should be able to pull the latest LinuxCNC (including the updates hm2_rpspi) and recompile.

I don't know why it wouldn't boot for you, unless 2GB is too small.

More
19 Oct 2019 01:18 #148259 by Gene1934
I have that code, and hm2_rpsi doesn't work. Something has broken the spi config for speed options, and the default spiclk_rate_rd of 31250 khz is too fast, so I edited mine to hard code read speeds I knew would work with my hardware. And it does.

Bertho is up to it in his stuff and may not get to this till that settles. In the mean time I have mine working, but not in the manor intended. I can live with that, and I can tell others what to do until then.

Take care Andy.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds