(superseeded) Linuxcnc on Linux Mint 19.3 quick and easy installation

More
26 Jul 2020 09:01 #175870 by tommylight

We had some storms roll through and lost power. I'll try probably tomorrow when we have power again. Thanks.

Are you in Kosovo ? We had hail storms yesterday, the roads were full of water that driving at 20 KMH was hard ! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2020 15:12 #175909 by dvn4life1972
Ok now I tried cntrl+shift 3 times on reboot and it doesn't go to grub at all. It just boots into the desktop as normal.

More
26 Jul 2020 15:23 #175911 by dvn4life1972

We had some storms roll through and lost power. I'll try probably tomorrow when we have power again. Thanks.

Are you in Kosovo ? We had hail storms yesterday, the roads were full of water that driving at 20 KMH was hard ! :)

I'm in the US, in Texas. There was a hurricane coming inland about 3 hours to the south, pushing some storms up here where I'm at.

More
26 Jul 2020 15:58 #175917 by tommylight

Ok now I tried cntrl+shift 3 times on reboot and it doesn't go to grub at all. It just boots into the desktop as normal.

Did you try both sides of the keyboard ? I have two PCS that require that on a USB keyboard.
so both CTRL and both Shifts
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
26 Jul 2020 16:07 #175920 by dvn4life1972

Did you try both sides of the keyboard ? I have two PCS that require that on a USB keyboard.
so both CTRL and both Shifts

Just tried it twice, then a 3rd with the wireless keyboard removed and an old-school good wired keyboard instead. Just boots normal into the Mint desktop.

More
26 Jul 2020 17:37 #175932 by tommylight
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
Go to Menu > Administration > Grub Customizer > select the kernel with RT in the name > click the up arrow untill that is the top most choice > Save and close, reboot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversvic, dvn4life1972

More
26 Jul 2020 19:35 #175956 by dvn4life1972

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
Go to Menu > Administration > Grub Customizer > select the kernel with RT in the name > click the up arrow untill that is the top most choice > Save and close, reboot.

Did that. The only option with RT was recovery mode, booted to that and ran uname -a and its RT but only in recovery mode.

More
26 Jul 2020 20:06 #175960 by dvn4life1972
Went back to the Grub thing again and this time the non-recovery one was there. Moved it to the top and rebooted, and now after uname -a it's showing RT. Thanks Tommy.

More
26 Jul 2020 20:19 #175962 by dvn4life1972
Here goes this thing again...says I'm in simulation.
Attachments:

More
26 Jul 2020 21:01 #175973 by tommylight
Nevermind that, make the config and save it, you can tune things later from LinuxCNC using the calibration thingy.
What does uname -a say now ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds