Installation Nightmare! All out of ideas! :-(

More
12 May 2022 09:21 - 12 May 2022 09:28 #242766 by SimonCNC123
I found a link here on the forum with a solution so I am halfway there! I can now see wlan0 :-)

Edit - Ok I am now connected to my wifi so I can set the Ethernet IP to 10.10.10.11 to talk to the Mesa!

Almost There.... ! :-)
Last edit: 12 May 2022 09:28 by SimonCNC123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2022 09:35 #242768 by rodw
Yeh, I search for the programs I want, right click and save to the short cut bar or use the terminal
If you can see wlan0, you should be able to connect under settings at top right.
Wifi can be an issue. I try and work out the required driver, google a bit and find a driver. SOmetimes its an install from source from a git repo

You can install different graphical environments if you type: sudo tasksel. XFCE is similar to the default linuxcnc ISO
There is a spot (bottom right) on the log on screen where you can select the X windows client you want to use..  

More
13 May 2022 14:27 #242883 by elovalvo

I did briefly try the Pi 4B with the 64 but bullseye version of Pi OS. I found a preempt_patch which installed ok, QT5 installed OK. But VTK did not run. I also could not install ethercat which I think was related to the RPi kernel not being in step with a normal Bullseye version 5.10.

So being unable to run QTPlasmac or Ethercat, I gave up as it was of no use to me.

But aside from all that, the latency was remarkably good, similar to a J1900 or I3. If you were just using gmocappy or axis, it is worth considering..

Can what I have done here help you?

forum.linuxcnc.org/qtpyvcp/39127-vtk-bac...pi-4?start=40#242880

More
16 May 2022 00:36 #243056 by andypugh

My thought is that the hardware you have is not supported on Debian buster.

I bought a BeeLink PC specifically to test the LinuxCNC ISO when I made it. It definitely worked for me. 

I can't remember if I made a conscious decision about UEFI when I was installing. 

But the "Beelink BT3 Pro II Mini PC" is pretty much the "reference hardware" for that LinuxCNC 2.8 install ISO. You should just need to select the defaults all the way through. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds