EtherCat I/O

More
27 Aug 2023 00:31 #279043 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic EtherCat I/O
You don't need to write a driver but you do need to configure the ethercat.xml file to access the I/0 machines. That one should be fairly easy to work out and there are examples for weipu and rtelligent already built. There is another I've seen with an encoder nad I would like to try configuring it as the only thing we have now are Beckhoff modules and they are quite expensive!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sakhalin_Cat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2023 08:21 - 28 Aug 2023 00:35 #279078 by jjdege
Replied by jjdege on topic EtherCat I/O
Hi everyone
i would like to report this I/O device,  www.bausano.net/en/hardware/easyio.html  
it has everything needed for a CNC machine and XML file configured for LCNC, I have it and it works.
bye thank you
Last edit: 28 Aug 2023 00:35 by phillc54. Reason: Show link address

More
28 Aug 2023 04:16 #279130 by Sakhalin_Cat
Replied by Sakhalin_Cat on topic EtherCat I/O
Hello.
Thank you very much for your answer, it gives hope.
Please help me figure out how to use the Beckhoff EL3068 module. I install this module but the system does not know this type and fails. Please show in detail, step by step, how I can make this module work in LinuxCNC.
I specifically made a separate topic - forum.linuxcnc.org/ethercat/49902-unsupported-beckhoff-module for this, because I think this example will be very useful to many people.
Thank you very much for your understanding.

More
28 Aug 2023 12:46 #279163 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic EtherCat I/O

Hi everyone
i would like to report this I/O device, LINK WAS HERE 
it has everything needed for a CNC machine and XML file configured for LCNC, I have it and it works.
bye thank you

This post has been reported as spam, but it is related to our subjects/topics, so leaving it for now.
-
The price is 179E or a bit over $200, and that seems way to much for what it can do.

More
28 Aug 2023 12:53 #279164 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic EtherCat I/O
@Sakhalin_Cat
No double posting .

More
29 Sep 2023 07:53 #281840 by Smitherman
Replied by Smitherman on topic EtherCat I/O
Hello ChapEng,
I wanted to ask if you have the Datasheet and the fitting Software for the Diewu IO would be nice to have it and look over it before I buy it.
Best,
Smitherman

More
29 Sep 2023 08:00 #281841 by rodw
Its a vey basic device with 16 inputs and outputs. The XML ChapEng shared is all you need.

More
29 Sep 2023 08:19 #281846 by Smitherman
Thank you for your reply, I am not planning to use that XML file, because I am planning to Connect it otherwise, but my main question is regarding to the I/O ports. So if they are only usable as a sort of relay port, or if I can set them up to maybe drive even a stepper in the future or to track some analog signals comming in.
Best regards,
Smitherman

More
29 Sep 2023 08:44 #281847 by rodw
The hardware is only useable in an ethercat environment. Without the xml and ethercat, it is useless!

More
29 Sep 2023 08:51 #281848 by Smitherman
Yeah i will use Ethercat, but an Industrial PLC from one of the members here (udo s). So i will not need the XML file.
So my question is for what the ports can be used, like as a relays port or more, like for communication or even analog I/O.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds