Ethercat installation from repositories - how to step by step

More
30 Jan 2023 11:16 #263225 by akg1904
Hi Rodw,

I have mapped my halpins in "ethercat_conf.xml" according to your module and referencing ESI.xml file of my drive
For .hal file I mostly followed your .hal file example.
Thus, now my linuxcnc is Opening but when I tried to jog my servo drive to shows "Joint following error" 

Can you  point me in a direction where I can figure out would is the Problem and hopefully debug it.

for reference I have attached my modified ethercat_conf.xml file and pre-gui.hal file is already attached below

File Attachment:

File Name: ethercat-c...1-30.xml
File Size:5 KB

Regards
Abhishek

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2023 11:56 #263227 by rodw
A following error happens when the encoder position exceeds the commanded position by allowable limits.
Its possibly because the scale is not correct in your xml file (eg say you move 10mm but the encoder only registers 5mm)
Or your sevo is not yet tuned.
There are some settings in your ini  file that relax the limists in your ini file You could make them big units until you get it tuned.
FERROR = 200    
MIN_FERROR = 50

Also check if you rotate the motor by hand, does the encoder count? Is the encoder countung the right way?

More
30 Jan 2023 13:29 #263234 by akg1904
Hi Rodw,

I tried rotating the motor by hand and looked at the reading at DRO scale for axis for distance but there was no change.
I think this is what you mean by checking encoder count?
Or is there any other way to check the encoder count?
but there is some blink in seven segment led in drive when I rotate the motor.

Regards
Abhishek

More
30 Jan 2023 19:47 #263265 by rodw
Sounds like you have got something wrong in your wiring or config.
Please raise a seperate thread and share you config files xml, ini and hal.

More
07 Apr 2023 12:44 #268509 by dineshann63
i have inovance ethercad servo drive and i have a xml file also . i need details for communication and control with 2axes lathe.

More
07 Apr 2023 12:50 #268511 by dineshann63
I am having inovance ethercad servo drive and  xml file. How to communicate and Linuxcnc and AM401 inovance plc it is motion control plc they have ethercad communication also. To run a 2axes lathe. 

More
07 Apr 2023 21:36 #268554 by rodw

I am having inovance ethercad servo drive and  xml file. How to communicate and Linuxcnc and AM401 inovance plc it is motion control plc they have ethercad communication also. To run a 2axes lathe. 

Linuxcnc is the motion controller. You don't need two motion controllers. I don't think we can help. Your question is off topic. Please raise another thread.

More
09 Apr 2023 12:43 - 26 Apr 2023 10:33 #268666 by Frustrated Toolpaths
Probably the wrong place to post this but those in the knowledge of EtherCAT may see it here!..
My Question:-
I have a perfectly good Parallel port system that has been running for years on Wheezy with LinuxCNC 2.8 (I know...I know...but it works perfectly) Now I would like to ruin it with a 4th axis (5th joint) running on a Ethercat Driver..
Can any of you think of a reason this won't work?
If this looks viable I will start a new thread to document my progress for anyone that wants to upgrade a good Parallel port (G540) system with extra functionality.
Edit: I Should RTFM... new plan, testing on a separate PC with debian 10, so I don't mess up my  wheezy install.
Running through the how to....one question...when is an appropriate time to plug in the hardware?
Last edit: 26 Apr 2023 10:33 by Frustrated Toolpaths. Reason: RTFM

More
01 May 2023 15:15 #270410 by mehdidadash
is there any way that we can select e1000e as DEVICE_MODULES using this method you introduced ?

More
01 May 2023 18:32 #270419 by rodw

is there any way that we can select e1000e as DEVICE_MODULES using this method you introduced ?

The e1000e is a network interface and has nothing to do with ethercat. If that the NIC you use for ethercat, just use it's MAC address. 

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds