Custom EtherCAT device

More
16 Jun 2023 17:06 #273707 by Tady
Replied by Tady on topic Custom EtherCAT device
Kindly please read again .. My BGA comment was refering to the AM335X MCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2023 17:38 #273710 by RDA
Replied by RDA on topic Custom EtherCAT device
Sorry was on mobile and somehow missed your later comment about the TI chip, I was referring to:

Ok sorry it seems there are MCUs that support Ethercat from hardware point of view. But still this chips are for professional use. I'm a hobby electronic and the first hurdle would be soldering the BGA package. And I have only experience with STM32 and AVR. And I see that one MCU costs 20 dollars

I probably should of been more spesific than just mentioning that the TI is probably overkill, I mean it could probably run LCNC alone (at least headless).
Nevertheless I think the ASIX chips looks nice on paper. If the availability would be similar to the microchip LAN chips it would be nice to try out. Its pretty much built to be a single chip ecat motor controller.

More
16 Jun 2023 18:04 #273711 by Tady
Replied by Tady on topic Custom EtherCAT device
I was reading that AX chips are better. Less jitter and they work great. I read that LAN chips do have spikes in jitter. Ii don't know. Today I ordered some PCBs that I will use for analog servo regulators. To benchtest. I have some laying around at work :)

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds