How to monitor OP mode in Panasonic A6B Ethercat

More
11 Jul 2024 09:02 #304878 by marq_torque
Sorry for my illiteracy but This is beyond my understanding... Can you give me detailed steps to start from.?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2024 09:04 - 11 Jul 2024 09:10 #304880 by marq_torque

Now, do I need to invert "lcec.0.0.drivestatus-0" ? How it can be done?
Maybe try the 'NOT' component:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/not.9.html

I think I already tried using "not" component, can you confirm this is right format?

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2024 09:10 by marq_torque.

More
11 Jul 2024 09:11 #304883 by endian

try running this in terminal:
watch -n 0.1 ethercat slaves

however drives not getting to OP mode must have a reason. What hardware are you on? I have similar issue with RPI5 and generic driver. I tried faster servo threads, but developers told me, that generic driver is only good for 1 000 000 ns servo thread.

Hello zmrdko,

have you ever reinstalling drivers from default generic to other as e1000e or rtl8190too ? I did some questions about this problematic during early days of lcec at one of the first threads and guys told me that there is no much big difference between them...

but I should have calmer sleeping if there is right driver with the right hardware..

regards

More
11 Jul 2024 09:23 #304884 by Aciera

I think I already tried using "not" component, can you confirm this is right format?

I know nothing about EtherCAT, so I have no idea if you can get an inverted value back from the drive. What I suggested was using the built in HAL component called 'NOT'. For which you would need to use 'loadrt' and 'addf' commands and connect the input and output pins in hal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marq_torque

More
11 Jul 2024 13:25 #304913 by rodw

I know nothing about EtherCAT, so I have no idea if you can get an inverted value back from the drive. What I suggested was using the built in HAL component called 'NOT'. For which you would need to use 'loadrt' and 'addf' commands and connect the input and output pins in hal.

You really should give Ethercat a try! Some Ethercat settings can have the direction altered by changing a SDO setting. But I doubt a status pin will. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: marq_torque

More
11 Jul 2024 14:07 #304918 by Aciera

You really should give Ethercat a try!

It's not for lack of interest. Seems to be the way things are headed but I'm usually in need of all kinds of different digital/analog IO, encoder inputs and generally more unconventional setups. When you factor in support for such things MESA hardware is just really hard to beat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marq_torque, endian

More
11 Jul 2024 17:18 #304932 by tommylight

You really should give Ethercat a try!

I would, if someone is willing to go through hell of sending me an EtherCat drive that can handle a 3.5KW Siemens (or was it Indramat?) servo motor, for free! :)

More
11 Jul 2024 17:30 #304933 by marq_torque

You really should give Ethercat a try! Some Ethercat settings can have the direction altered by changing a SDO setting. But I doubt a status pin will. 

Can you pl share any relevant example? with "loadrt" and "addf" commands?

More
11 Jul 2024 17:32 #304934 by marq_torque

You can run it multiple times to find the servo drive that can OP every time. Use ethercat sii_read to read the sii data in it and compare it with the sii data in the drive that cannot OP to find the difference. The easiest way is to use ethercat sii_write to write the good sii data. It has been several months since I solved this problem and this problem has never appeared again.

Can you educate me more about ssi and all? how to capture? Totally banging my head in wall

More
11 Jul 2024 18:18 #304937 by Aciera
in your hal file:
To load the realtime component (the name 'not.myexample' is arbitrary)
loadrt not names=not.myexample

For the component to be executed in the servo-thread we need to add it.
Note: The order of how components are added to the thread matter. You will want this after the ethercat read and before the ethercat write. Otherwise you may loose a cycle before the state is valid.
addf not.myexample servo-thread

Then you can connect the signals:
net some_signal_name <= hal_pin_to_be_inverted => not.myexample.in
net some_other_signal_name <= not.myexample.out => some_hal_pin

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds