How to monitor OP mode in Panasonic A6B Ethercat

More
11 Jul 2024 19:27 #304940 by endian

You really should give Ethercat a try!

I would, if someone is willing to go through hell of sending me an EtherCat drive that can handle a 3.5KW Siemens (or was it Indramat?) servo motor, for free! :)

I do not know where are you from Tommy... But tell me the continuos current and operating voltage.. these are relevant for driver configuration ... i have some obsolete ethercat drivers free but they are little bit exotic in configuration and they are handled only by my custom component for CSP, CSV and homing mode.. everything is working same same but different.. 

​​

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2024 20:57 - 12 Jul 2024 15:33 #304943 by tommylight

I do not know where are you from Tommy...

In Kosovo, Eastern Europe (well middle Europe is more correct, but there is no such thing, yet! :) )
Just for kicks, ask your post office how much would it cost to send such a thing here, but be warned: having a glass of water on hand is highly advisable, and so are sedatives! :)
If you ever wondered what a black hole is, now you know, i live in it!
On the brighter side, since this year we are able to travel again visa free in EU, after over 25 years!
Last edit: 12 Jul 2024 15:33 by tommylight.

More
12 Jul 2024 11:46 #304981 by rodw

You really should give Ethercat a try!
It's not for lack of interest. Seems to be the way things are headed but I'm usually in need of all kinds of different digital/analog IO, encoder inputs and generally more unconventional setups. When you factor in support for such things MESA hardware is just really hard to beat.

Work on it! Ethercat does add more complexity because you need to configure it as well. All of the IO you want is available and there is a lot less wiring.. Encoder inputs are pretty expensive via Beckhoff but there is one user using a catio chinese module which has it all.. I use RS485 to control my spindle and skipped the encoder as thread milling works. I almost decided on using a PWM outputs on my IO module to control the spindle. I just have to finish off a Mesa control box over the next couple of weeks before I sort out internal homing which should simplify wiring again.

More
13 Jul 2024 08:08 #305054 by endian

I do not know where are you from Tommy...
In Kosovo, Eastern Europe (well middle Europe is more correct, but there is no such thing, yet! :) )
Just for kicks, ask your post office how much would it cost to send such a thing here, but be warned: having a glass of water on hand is highly advisable, and so are sedatives! :)
If you ever wondered what a black hole is, now you know, i live in it!
On the brighter side, since this year we are able to travel again visa free in EU, after over 25 years!

I am from Slovakia that should not be problem to send a parcel.. but problem should be the encoder type and motor parameters.. please take a picture of motor nameplate .. if it will support a feedback type and continuos current..
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 Jul 2024 01:33 - 15 Jul 2024 01:36 #305185 by tommylight
Sorry for the delay, still not finished cleaning the shops from recent flooding, i have to dive to get the motor out, probably or hopefully this week.
-
Edit:
Oh that came out bad ! :)
Dive under the tables, not water, it is dry now.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2024 01:36 by tommylight. Reason: more info
The following user(s) said Thank You: endian

More
31 Jul 2024 19:59 #306563 by endian

Sorry for the delay, still not finished cleaning the shops from recent flooding, i have to dive to get the motor out, probably or hopefully this week.
-
Edit:
Oh that came out bad ! :)
Dive under the tables, not water, it is dry now.

I am waiting let me know please...

More
31 Jul 2024 22:49 #306572 by tommylight
Sorry for the delay, pictures attached, DC brushed motors with tachos, no encoders, encoders were mounted on the ballscrews.

Attachments:

More
02 Aug 2024 19:46 #306791 by endian
I do not have a driver which can handle with 16A with so low bus voltage as your servos are... I saw 16A drivers in my local dealers but there are prices over €2k ... you should to find something less current thirsty 

ebay is full of them... I bought 6 servos 640V/2A/2Nm for less then €200 in the past with very gently feedback hiperface 

try and let me know

More
02 Aug 2024 19:58 #306796 by tommylight
Thank you, i really appreciate you trying to help.
Thank you very much.

More
02 Aug 2024 20:02 #306798 by endian

Thank you, i really appreciate you trying to help.
Thank you very much.

Which type of encoder you want to attach at the ball screw?

Because if you have just TTL rs422(6cable signal + 2cable source) is pain to setup the servo, because you have to know a commutation angle.. best budget way is to use a resolver for every type of universal servo driver...

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds