MS300 EtherCAT not going into OP state with CMM-02 (rev 131328)

More
01 Jun 2024 05:09 #302040 by silden
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to setup my Delta MS300 with LinuxCNC and EtherCAT.
I've successfully communicated with the Drive using EtherCAT configurator using the rev. 131328 of the software, other PDO mappings led to Communication Timeouts on the card.

On the LinuxCNC end, I have followed  github.com/steup-engineering/sbs625-cnc-dk-schlemper , with some minor modifications of the initCommands to mirror what EtherCAT configurator output for it's startup commands (I've also tried the original and no startup commands, all having the same result).

In the demsg output, there is 1 Datagram being skipped, and one AL state datagram that the EthernetCAT master cannot read.

Also, I can successfully read and write the Beckhoff IO devices that are connected after the MS300 (the MS300 is currently the first device on the Bus).

Currently my idea is to rewrite the DeMS300 driver (or use a generic driver and manually map the PDO entries) though both would likely take a couple days to fully implement so I would like to avoid that if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 
Thank you in advance,
Denis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2024 06:20 #302123 by rodw
Why would you use a random git repo when there is a sticky that sets up Ethercat with no fuss? Thes days the Linuxcnc driver is hosted on the ethercat repo so no coding is required. (except for your config files.)

More
02 Jun 2024 16:00 #302169 by silden
We built the Ethercat from source as described in the sticky. This is not the issue we’re having.

The issue is related to the MS300 with the CMM-EC02 card and related ESD/XML file.
We searched the forum and found that the above listed person had a similar issue and got it working.
The difference between his and our system is the communication card and the ESD/XML file.

We adjusted his intitXML to align with the PDO, but the VFD is stuck in PREOP.

The VFD works with Twincat.

More
02 Jun 2024 20:25 #302195 by rodw
The new authoritive source repository for the LInuxcnc ethercat driver is here github.com/linuxcnc-ethercat/linuxcnc-ethercat
Note there is emerging support for some VFD's (Omron MX2)

This repo feeds into a buildbot so changes are hosted by the etherlabmaster team so installing from repositories via my sticky gets both the ethercat master and the latest hal driver from the authoritive source.
This repository is set up in your sources.list by the 2.9.2 ISO ready to install :)

The etherlabmaster source is here gitlab.com/etherlab.org/ethercat this also feeds into the same buildbot and is hosted on the same repository I mention above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: besriworld

More
03 Jun 2024 00:21 #302204 by silden
I just updated the linuxcnc-ethercat driver, as we had used the original sittner as linked by the sticky.

Unfortunately this did not do anything outside of giving me access to the lcec_configgen command; though the configuration it generates is one we already tried.

Unfortunately the drive refuses to enter the OP state, even when given the correct PDO mappings, and init commands (which were exported from the Beckhoff EtherCAT Configurator, where the drive enters OP state without any extra configuration outside of installing the EDS file from Delta)

Also, as clarification, the GitHub link I had in my original post was for a working configuration another user had created and link on another post(albeit this was for an older revision of the Delta communication card; which may be why its not working as expected)

Though thank you for the new link, which makes my system a little newer 
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
03 Jun 2024 00:24 #302205 by silden
And one last thing I wanted to mention is that there is a driver for the Delta MS300 in both the old sittner github, as well as the newer linuxcnc-ethercat github; though it seems like they are targeting an older version of the communication card

More
03 Jun 2024 14:07 #302244 by db1981
-can you show the output of ethercat pdos for this slave ?

-maybe this thread helps : forum.linuxcnc.org/ethercat/45099-trunca...-bit-signed-integers

More
04 Jun 2024 21:39 #302343 by silden
We checked and no PDO are shown in the ethercat master.The debug info shows warnings for SM2 and SM3 are not found and error that the FFMU doesn't have a sync manager configured.

[  487.220742] EtherCAT WARNING 0-0: PDOs configured for SM2, but slave does not provide the sync manager information!
[  487.220744] EtherCAT WARNING 0-0: PDOs configured for SM3, but slave does not provide the sync manager information!
[  487.220745] EtherCAT ERROR 0-0: Failed to determine PDO sync manager for FMMU!

( github.com/West-Coast-R-C-Works/linuxcnc...2.log#L701C1-L703C82 )

More
05 Jun 2024 17:18 #302399 by zmrdko
I have the same drive with ethercat comm card and it works - gets to an OP state. Can you share full config? I can check for differences.

More
05 Jun 2024 17:40 #302401 by silden
Hi,

the full config is on GitHub.
you can check the link above.

Thank you for your support

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds