EtherCAT i/o board for spindle, estop and mpg

More
05 Aug 2024 22:04 #307039 by rodw
Odd, it looks like the A+, A-, B+, B- and 5 volt power is provided for a motor encoder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2024 10:40 #307068 by onceloved
However, it outputs the count value and has no direction. The encoder forward counter value increases, and the encoder reverse counter value also increases instead of decreasing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
06 Aug 2024 12:44 #307078 by avive

However, it outputs the count value and has no direction. The encoder forward counter value increases, and the encoder reverse counter value also increases instead of decreasing.

In this video, the man controls the position of the axes through the counter. He does it through the arduino, but I think it's not so important and it's about the right connection.

More
07 Aug 2024 00:09 #307131 by rodw

Seems odd
0x2020 (or 0x2040 depending on where you look) shows a signed 32 bit integer for encoder.
I was able to translate the manual into English with Google Translate
drive.google.com/file/d/1GwtOZH0HaHGVrvv...SEO/view?usp=sharing
The following user(s) said Thank You: avive

More
07 Aug 2024 03:41 #307137 by onceloved
My suggestion is to give up ecat-io and look for other solutions, such as mesa card or fpga or arduino (I don't know how fast they are )

More
07 Aug 2024 07:28 #307152 by rodw

My suggestion is to give up ecat-io and look for other solutions, such as mesa card or fpga or arduino (I don't know how fast they are

But I like ethercat :)
But it  adds additional expense and complexity.
I am tempted to get one of these to play with it. Once I finish the mesa control box I am working on...

More
07 Aug 2024 08:19 #307155 by onceloved
My servo driver uses ethercat and my io uses rv901 fpga card. They both work well together on Orange Pi 5 Plus.

More
07 Aug 2024 08:45 #307159 by avive

My servo driver uses ethercat and my io uses rv901 fpga card. They both work well together on Orange Pi 5 Plus.

I was afraid to deal with relatively new architectures and ordered a mini PC on a six-core AMD processor:
aliexpress.ru/item/1005007068086214.html
It is also single-board inside.

Tell me, please, was it difficult to configure EtherCAT on Orange Pi 5 Plus and is the performance sufficient? I want to use the computer not only to run Gcode, but also to develop my interface.

More
07 Aug 2024 08:50 #307160 by rodw

I have a small retrofitted machine with Ethercat drives and a Rtelligent I/O module. I added an encoder on the spindle but nothing to connect it to. Swapping it put for one of these would solve that problem. I'd also like to try an Ethercat VFD on it too.

More
07 Aug 2024 10:05 #307166 by onceloved
Orange Pi 5 Plus has better performance than Raspberry Pi 5, but its ecosystem is not as good as Raspberry Pi. Ethercat is easy to install. You can check it out forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/48079-can...-to-run-lcnc?start=0

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds