Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • tuxcnc
  • tuxcnc
09 Oct 2026 19:53

Highlighted gcode doesn't follow current position.

Category: Gmoccapy

Since I understood absolutely nothing from the author's description of the thread, and the matter intrigued me, I decided to try to reproduce this error.

It looks like this:
 
Here with the dark theme, which in my opinion is absolutely useless in practice, but shows better which line is highlighted:
 

To sum up.
The error only occurs when the percent sign is preceded by blank lines. (If any text precedes it, the program cannot be loaded.)
Then, if we select a path in the preview, the nth line of the file will be highlighted in the file window instead of the nth line of g-code.

Overall, the error is insignificant and occurs in very specific conditions, but this thread is proof that the user can become very confused... 
  • PCW
  • PCW's Avatar
09 Oct 2026 19:09 - 09 Oct 2026 21:22

Retrofitting a 3-axis VMC with DC servos - guidance needed

Category: Driver Boards

What firmware do you need?

Most have been updated to include the newer PWM module but maybe not all...

7I97T firmware is available here:

www.mesanet.com/software/parallel/7i97t.zip

( This link is in the specifications tab of the 7I97T in Mesa's webstore )

 
  • sgd
  • sgd
09 Oct 2026 17:49 - 09 Oct 2026 17:53
Replied by sgd on topic I think the forum needs some TLC

I think the forum needs some TLC

Category: Forum Questions

The forum has been under a sustained attack for a bit over a day (not "more than a week", as the post above indicates). We're doing what we can to mitigate the attack. Please try to be patient as we work to keep the forum available. We're not going to disclose the nature of the attack nor the mitigation measures we're taking, so please don't ask about that.
Thanks.
  • Japoo_Ness
  • Japoo_Ness
09 Oct 2026 16:42

Retrofitting a 3-axis VMC with DC servos - guidance needed

Category: Driver Boards

Thanks for the link and recommendation, that helped a lot. The machine is now moving on all axes, homing correctly, and the noise disappeared.

A quick question about the 7i97T bitfile: the firmware I flashed doesn't include dither support. Is there an alternate build available with pwm mode 1? I couldn't locate it in the repository.
  • Unlogic
  • Unlogic
09 Oct 2026 15:30
I think the forum needs some TLC was created by Unlogic

I think the forum needs some TLC

Category: Forum Questions

This forum has been more flaky than usual lately almost to the point of being unusable.

 

Is this something we in the community do anything about?

The forum is pretty much the heart of the community and it's noticeable less activity here when it takes minutes to load a page.
  • TheTinkeringMechanic1
  • TheTinkeringMechanic1
09 Oct 2026 15:09
Replied by TheTinkeringMechanic1 on topic Highlighted gcode doesn't follow current position.

Highlighted gcode doesn't follow current position.

Category: Gmoccapy

Whenever I tap the file icon with the + on it to create a new program, it starts off with 1-4 as empty lines before it puts M2 on the 5th line. This was throwing off the sequence between the program vs what was shown in the preview creating my issue. Now that I'm aware of it I can delete the empty lines prior to writing the program.
  • paulmag
  • paulmag's Avatar
08 Oct 2026 22:43

Axis interface and "useful" conversational scripts in python

Category: AXIS

I have added a zip file containing subroutines and python scripts I use on Axis I have them listed below some I have made and others I have tweaked to work in Python3 (not all needed doing).

Contained in Python Scripts Folder

    Engrave.py              A script to create a single line of text.

    Ruler.py                A script to generate a ruler with markings.

    Bezel.py                A script to create a rotary scale with or without number markings.

    Contour.py              A script to enable creating toolpaths on a variety of shapes Circle,oval,rectangle,slot,polygon and path with a range of modifiers.

    Face.py                 A script to generate toolpath to cut a defined area.

    Grill.py                A script to generate a set of holes for a grill in a variety of shapes with user definable settings.

    Holecircle.py           Script runs from within linuxcnc to create toolpath to drill holes on a PCD.

    Grid_G81.py             Script to drill a grid of hole or mill a grid of lines or both useful when creating sacrificial work beds on a router.

    PresetG54.py            Script to create a preset file for G54 offset.

    Pocket.py               Script to create toolpaths to cnc machine round and rectangular pockets.

    pcd_hole_circle.py      Script to generate toolpath to drill holes on a PCD or save as a csv file.
 

Subroutines
Contained in the Subroutines folder

     g54_here.ngc           Sets G54 offset at current position
     
     go_to_home.ngc         returns tool to G54 x and y position after raising Z

     safe_g28.ngc           Sends the tool back to absolute machine home after raising Z

     z_touch.ngc            simple subroutine to set Z height with a touch probe 
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
08 Oct 2026 19:49

Usefull Open Source software, vibe coded in Rust

Category: Off Topic and Test Posts

github.com/storytold
Open each project, on the right side click on "releases", then click on the version you want for Linux or Win or...
Several packages for Linux usually, so choose first for aarch if using Raspberry PI, or X86_64 as .deb or as .appimage, where appimage does not install just make it executable in permissions and double click, or use the deb to install with gdebi.
Did not test, just downloaded all as they might disappear since they are all free versions of very expensive software from a very nasty company.
  • kn612
  • kn612
08 Oct 2026 17:47
Replied by kn612 on topic Servo Driver Plasma Retrofit

Servo Driver Plasma Retrofit

Category: Plasmac

Thanks guys, between setting accel to 10in/s2 and dialing in the bias this machine is really smooth now.

Upgraded to debian 13 and master branch.  Thanks for fixing the inmux missing from hal and the cut recovery is working great again.

I am struggling to use a laser to adjust for plate rotation and adding a change consumable button.  Im not sure where to add 
qtplasmac.ext_laser_touchoff or qtplasmac.ext_consumables
  • jazzkramer
  • jazzkramer
07 Oct 2026 23:05
Replied by jazzkramer on topic Is this a bug?

Is this a bug?

Category: Plasmac

Sorry, I see now there are other posts about this error... I had some lags in the forum and I could not read them... I'm going to read them now.. I apologize for this thread, in case I don't find a solution I will go back here ;)
  • jazzkramer
  • jazzkramer
07 Oct 2026 22:53
Is this a bug? was created by jazzkramer

Is this a bug?

Category: Plasmac

Hi guys, 

I'm using QTPlasma 2.9-237.307 Powerd by QtVCP
since a long time, maybe now, it will became a job... :P :P (Let's see)

I'm doing some parts to fix the roof of "my shop", a plate with some holes, and PlasmaC does not want to make one hole... It just start the arc inside the hole and when it touch the real circumference it stops and it jumps to the next shape of the plate... others holes are ok. 
Is my code good? It was generated by SheetCam-TNG. I tried to recur (ignore arcok.. mesh.. always the same wrong path)
Any ideas? Thanks! :) :)
In the photo you see one hole only, just to test I modified the file, but it shows the same mistaken path as the complete code here:

;     file name: Piastra piegata per soffitto.ngc
; date and time: Wed Oct 07 2026    11:26:34 AM
; postprocessor: LinuxCNC PlasmaC.scpost rev: 0.5
;
;begin pre-amble
 G21 (units: metric)
 G40 (cutter compensation: off)
 G90 (distance mode: absolute)
 M52 P1 (adaptive feed: on)
 M65 P2 (enable THC)
 M65 P3 (enable torch)
 M68 E3 Q0 (velocity 100%)
 G64 P0.254 Q0.025 (tracking tolerances: 0.254mm)
#<holes>      = 2
#<h_velocity> = 60
#<h_diameter> = 32
#<oclength>   = 4
;end pre-amble
;
;begin material setup
 T0 M6 (select plasma tool)
 G43 H0 (apply tool offsets)
 M190 P20 (plasma, mield steel 1/4" material)
 M66 P3 L3 Q2 (wait for valid change)
 F#<_hal[plasmac.cut-feed-rate]>
;end material setup
 G0 X177.8 Y76.2
 M3 $0 S1 (plasma start)  ****THIS FIRST HOLE IS NOT WORKING
 M67 E3 Q100
 G3 X182.184 Y71.816 I2.192 J-2.192
 G3 X182.184 Y71.816 I-4.384 J4.384
 M5 $0 (plasma end)
 G0 X177.8 Y25.4
 M3 $0 S1 (plasma start)
 G3 X182.184 Y21.016 I2.192 J-2.192
 G3 X182.184 Y21.016 I-4.384 J4.384
 M5 $0 (plasma end)
 G0 X234.338 Y44.171
 M3 $0 S1 (plasma start)
 G3 X241.579 Y44.171 I3.62 J3.62
 G3 X241.579 Y44.171 I-6.629 J6.629
 M5 $0 (plasma end)
 G0 X25.4 Y25.4
 M3 $0 S1 (plasma start)
 G3 X21.016 Y29.784 I-2.192 J2.192
 G3 X21.016 Y29.784 I4.384 J-4.384
 M5 $0 (plasma end)
 G0 X25.4 Y76.2
 M3 $0 S1 (plasma start)
 G3 X21.016 Y80.584 I-2.192 J2.192
 G3 X21.016 Y80.584 I4.384 J-4.384
 M5 $0 (plasma end)
 G0 X266.12 Y53.358
 M3 $0 S1 (plasma start)
 G3 X261 Y48.238 I0 J-5.12
 G1 X261 Y0
 G2 X260.35 Y-0.65 I-0.65 J0
 G1 X0 Y-0.65
 G2 X-0.65 Y0 I0 J0.65
 G1 X-0.65 Y101.6
 G2 X0 Y102.25 I0.65 J0
 G1 X260.35 Y102.25
 G2 X261 Y101.6 I0 J-0.65
 G1 X261 Y48.238
 M5 $0 (plasma end)
 ;
 ;begin post-amble
 G40 (cutter compensation: off)
 G90 (distance mode: absolute)
 M65 P2 (enable THC)
 M65 P3 (enable torch)
 M68 E3 Q0 (velocity 100%)
 M5 $-1 (backup stop)
 ;end post-amble
 ;
 ;begin statistics
 ;Pierces = 6
 ;   Cuts = 6,    Length = 997.75mm
 ;end statistics
 ;
 M30 (end program)

Any ideas?

 
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
07 Oct 2026 20:18

Turn G-code: conversational lathe cycle generator for LinuxCNC (12 cycles)

Category: Show Your Stuff

Not CloudFlare, the one bellow with "supabase" domain name.
-
CloudFlare is very good at what they do, and they do a lot, but the main thing is they figured out how to protect websites from DDOS attacks, and beat AKAMAI in their caching game.
  • Odessit
  • Odessit
07 Oct 2026 19:05

Turn G-code: conversational lathe cycle generator for LinuxCNC (12 cycles)

Category: Show Your Stuff

Thanks Tom, and sorry for misreading you on the wiki.
▎ About the script: that's Cloudflare Web Analytics (static.cloudflareinsights.com), the visit counter of Cloudflare, which hosts the site. No cookies, no tracking across sites, just page view counts so I can see which pages people actually read. NoScript flags it, and the site works fine without it, so blocking it is totally OK.
▎ If anyone still has edit access to the wiki CAM page, I'd be glad to have a line for Turn G-code there (commercial, 15-day trial), next to SheetCAM and the others.
  • paulmag
  • paulmag's Avatar
06 Oct 2026 23:51 - 06 Oct 2026 23:55

Axis interface and "useful" conversational scripts in python

Category: AXIS

OK (hope this works)

First Python3 script "linuxcnc_grid_tool_G81_axis.py" this can be run eother from within axis and loads toolpath directly into axis or from desktop using python on Geady or terminal and save to .NGC file.

The script I use to engrave a grid on my sacrificial MDF machine bed and drill fixing holes at grid intersections

I have 12 scripts in total available to upload and also 5 subroutines i can upload them individually or as a zip.

 

 
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 12886 results.
Time to create page: 1.258 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum