Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • Todd Zuercher
  • Todd Zuercher's Avatar
05 Oct 2026 19:11

New LinuxCNC Multi-Channel System – Looking for Testers & Feedback

Category: Show Your Stuff

At one point in the past I was getting quotes for buying a double router like that. In the end our company decided it was more cost effective and practical to simply buy two separate machines.
  • hermann1976
  • hermann1976's Avatar
05 Oct 2026 19:00

New LinuxCNC Multi-Channel System – Looking for Testers & Feedback

Category: Show Your Stuff

 

tommylight post=350129 Benutzer-ID=17274

hermann1976 post=350128 userid=26821
Es ermöglicht die erfolgreiche Nachrüstung älterer Maschinen —z. B. kompletter Homag-Holzbearbeitungszentren mit mehreren Tischzonen— unter Verwendung von LinuxCNC.
Ich bin mir ziemlich sicher, dass dies bereits möglich ist, siehe G55, G56 usw.
 

 

I am indeed referring to a multi-channel control system.
The machine works on a component on the left machining table, while the next part can be set up on the right table simultaneously. Once setup is complete, the program is started and the table moves to a standby position. Only when the left-hand part is finished does the machining head move to the right to execute that program. At the same time, the left table moves out of the machining area to a parking position for re-setup.
There are also multi-head systems, and so on.


  • Todd Zuercher
  • Todd Zuercher's Avatar
05 Oct 2026 18:55
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Looking for an older CNC mill to refurbish/retrofit

Looking for an older CNC mill to refurbish/retrofit

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

We have all flavors of Amish here. From ones like you describe to Swartzentruber Amish that will only use a couple kerosene lanterns on their buggies (they won't even use a smv triangle.) The ones like you describe may have a 50kw (or bigger) genset for their wood shop to run big CNC routers and other wood working equipment, but those wires run to the English city; das ist veboten.
  • retrofitcenter
  • retrofitcenter
05 Oct 2026 18:30

New LinuxCNC Multi-Channel System – Looking for Testers & Feedback

Category: Show Your Stuff

Servus, thanks for your message, nice to meet another Austrian here!

I’m originally from the Amstetten area, but Salzburg is also home for me. I went to HTL in Steyr, and I’ve been self-employed for around 20 years, mainly working in the aerospace and automotive industries.

My background is primarily in PLC programming, CNC machining and industrial automation. Over the years I’ve worked on pretty much everything around metalworking: mechanical engineering, machine automation, fixtures and clamping systems, CNC programming, commissioning, and of course complete machine retrofits.

I also started working with LinuxCNC very early on and was one of the first to use it seriously for machining centers rather than just simpler hobby machines. That experience is actually one of the reasons why I’m now pushing the multi-channel system further, I see a lot of potential for bringing older but mechanically excellent industrial machines back to life.

Your Homag example is interesting as well. Multi-channel control could definitely open up a lot of possibilities for machines with several working areas, tables or independently coordinated processes.
  • Murphy
  • Murphy
05 Oct 2026 17:50 - 06 Oct 2026 05:46

Remora - ethernet NVEM / EC300 / EC500 cnc board

Category: Computers and Hardware

Has anybody got G95 working with their remora setups??

iv got it working by setting lowpass-spindle-encoder-velocity.gain to true.

But how do I permanently set it to true. I tried setp in .Hal but it's getting overwritten every time I restart linuxcnc
  • trackwhack
  • trackwhack
05 Oct 2026 17:34
Replied by trackwhack on topic Perpetual License CAM

Perpetual License CAM

Category: Show Your Stuff

I understand, in that case you can delete it. If some customer posts a question in future in a different thread, I will reply, but no more promotion and I'm also grateful for the opportunity the forum provided. We really wish we could go open source. We will at least make some of the larger suite of products open source. Our target is to make engineering software of all kind extremely affordable.
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
05 Oct 2026 17:33
Replied by tommylight on topic Perpetual License CAM

Perpetual License CAM

Category: Show Your Stuff

Do not delete your replies, that is really, really not polite.
If you do need to edit it, leave the original content, unless it poses a risk/danger, and add the corrections/additions/etc.
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
05 Oct 2026 17:30
Replied by tommylight on topic Perpetual License CAM

Perpetual License CAM

Category: Show Your Stuff

Not important, it just does not belong here, only Open Source stuff does.
I allowed it at my own risk, to help you till you set up your own website and forum.
I have yet to figure out if it would be OK to present it in the "CAD/CAM" section after your site is up and running. Either way, support must be on your side, not on ours.
  • spumco
  • spumco
05 Oct 2026 17:24

Looking for an older CNC mill to refurbish/retrofit

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I'm also NE Ohio (Wayne Co.) and I didn't think most of the farmers right around me had 3ph. But maybe that has more to do with the fact I'm on the edge of Amish country.


They got the 0ph power.

I'm in Ashtabula, and our Amish have F350's, $10k kick-scooters, and 3 phase power that seems to be disconnected only when the Elders are around.
  • PCW
  • PCW's Avatar
05 Oct 2026 17:24
Replied by PCW on topic mesa 7i97T + 7i84U

mesa 7i97T + 7i84U

Category: Driver Boards

You can connect single ended NPN encoder outputs to the 7I97T
Worst case you might need a stiffer pullup resistor on the inputs
than the built in 2K ohm encoder input pullups on the 7I97T

A 7I84U (32 inputs 16 outputs)  or a 7I70 (48 inputs) can be used to expand the inputs on a 7I97T
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
05 Oct 2026 17:23
Replied by tommylight on topic mesa 7i97T + 7i84U

mesa 7i97T + 7i84U

Category: Driver Boards

I just wrote half a page and had to delete and start over:
-Use pins 14, 15, 16 on C2
-Set mesa for single ended encoders
-do not touch the wiring between drives and motors.
  • angelnu
  • angelnu
05 Oct 2026 16:59
mesa 7i97T + 7i84U was created by angelnu

mesa 7i97T + 7i84U

Category: Driver Boards

Hello.I have a cnc sharpener with motors and Italian analog servo drivers -10V Phase AX-V 06094. I want to upgrade to linuxcnc since the controller is an old PROMAX system that has an old SD card reader, it does not support modern sc cards. Some cards I have have errors and there are no spare parts. I think the phase drives are connected to SINCOS encoders, the driver has encoder outputs Ch A, Ch. B and Ch. C (Ch C seems to be index) the outputs are NPN open collector 30 V, 100 mA. Is it possible to connect these drivers to a 7i97T table card?, and also advice to expand the inputs since the 7i97T only has 16, I had thought about a 7i84U card.


Sorry if it's not right in English, my language is Spanish.  
  • Todd Zuercher
  • Todd Zuercher's Avatar
05 Oct 2026 16:59
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Looking for an older CNC mill to refurbish/retrofit

Looking for an older CNC mill to refurbish/retrofit

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

I'm also NE Ohio (Wayne Co.) and I didn't think most of the farmers right around me had 3ph. But maybe that has more to do with the fact I'm on the edge of Amish country.
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
05 Oct 2026 16:42

New LinuxCNC Multi-Channel System – Looking for Testers & Feedback

Category: Show Your Stuff

It makes it possible to successfully retrofit older machines—such as complete Homag woodworking centers with multiple table zones—using LinuxCNC.

I am pretty sure that can be done already, see G55, G56, etc.
  • hermann1976
  • hermann1976's Avatar
05 Oct 2026 16:37

New LinuxCNC Multi-Channel System – Looking for Testers & Feedback

Category: Show Your Stuff

@retrofitcenter...

Hi , I gathered that you’re from Austria. I am too.
I think what you’re aiming to implement in LinuxCNC is great and exciting.
The multi-channel control option is definitely a real asset to the LinuxCNC project.
It makes it possible to successfully retrofit older machines—such as complete Homag woodworking centers with multiple table zones—using LinuxCNC. I work in the woodworking industry myself.
I also took a look around your website—you’re working on some great projects there.
What kind of training or education did you complete? Mechanical engineering?
Displaying 46 - 60 out of 12886 results.
Time to create page: 0.518 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum