Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • Red_D85
  • Red_D85
06 Oct 2025 05:42
Replied by Red_D85 on topic Config-Problem Ethercat

Config-Problem Ethercat

Category: Deutsch

sorry im a idiot. this was the wrong file.

 

File Attachment:

File Name: cia402_2025-10-06.hal
File Size:4 KB
  • cmorley
  • cmorley
06 Oct 2025 05:33
Replied by cmorley on topic Error in tool_offsetview.py

Error in tool_offsetview.py

Category: Qtvcp

I think I pushed a fix for the leds staying on problem - at least in the tests I did it worked.
The label is a bit harder to fix satisfactorily. It's now at least translatable.
  • cmorley
  • cmorley
06 Oct 2025 05:28
Replied by cmorley on topic Change camera resolution Qtdragon?

Change camera resolution Qtdragon?

Category: Qtvcp

if I add these commands, on my machine the camera fails.
we need to find away to detect possible resolutions.

How do you know what resolution is displaying in qtdragon?
  • MusicCityMfg
  • MusicCityMfg's Avatar
06 Oct 2025 03:38 - 06 Oct 2025 13:05
LinuxCNC Lathe Retrofit ... Where Do I begin? was created by MusicCityMfg

LinuxCNC Lathe Retrofit ... Where Do I begin?

Category: Turning

I have a small CNC job shop in my garage. I currently have a Sharp SV-2412SX VMC with a Fanuc control. I need to start taking some turning jobs. I have an Emco Maximat Super 11 manual lathe that I was thinking about doing a LinuxCNC conversion on. But the more I think about it, I want a heftier, more capable CNC lathe with an ATC. But I am not ready to drop another $25k+ on used machine.

Someone local is selling a Mazak QT8 with a CAM T-2 control for $2500. It needs work and it looks like a good candidate for a LinuxCNC retrofit.

I'm a software engineer by profession. I don't know much about LinuxCNC yet, but I am learning. I'm currently going through some classicladder tutorials, and HAL tutorials as well to get my head around what it takes to do a retrofit and better understand the LinuxCNC ecosystem.

Do you guys have any recommendations on where I should begin to better understand what existing components on the Mazak QT8 I can use and what existing components will need to be replaced because they won't work with LinuxCNC. I have a lot to learn, but I am not intimidated by projects like this. I just need some advice regarding the best place to start and how a map out a project like this. 

Thanks!
Chris
Displaying 13171 - 13174 out of 13174 results.
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum