New and Working RTAI debs for 2.9

More
20 Jul 2024 06:41 #305682 by Bari
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Mecanix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2024 17:31 #305713 by Mecanix

Has anyone tested them?

Yes, I just did. Ran the machine warm-up routine, probed a few corners, and ran a complex NC file filled with cycles (1.5hr total). 

E v e r y t h i n g   w o r k s + bug fixed!!!!!

Thank you (THANK YOU) so so so much for that guys. Best control on earth (imho). 

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, NTULINUX

More
20 Jul 2024 19:41 #305719 by NTULINUX
Woo! Congratulations! Thanks for testing too! :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Mecanix

More
20 Jul 2024 20:50 #305725 by tommylight

Best control on earth (imho). 

I agree, but i am not humbled about it, at all, it is by far the best control software for CNC machines, and most flexible, and most versatile, and still most reliable.
With the best support on earth, thank to Andy, PCW, Chris, Todd, JT, and others, some older members who jump in with a solution anytime we think there is no solution, and some new-ish members who in a very short time got very good at a lot of things, all eager to help anytime despite their very limited free time.
-
Now before anyone starts beating at the keyboard with "Fanuc does this..." and " Siemens is the..." and "LinuxCNC lacks..." types of stuff, yes they are very good at ONE THING only, so that throws flexibility and versatility out the door, and from my experience, new Siemens stuff lacks reliability, a lot, compared to LinuxCNC with Axis GUI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bari, Mecanix

More
01 Aug 2024 23:49 #306686 by tommylight
Some new info on the segfault issue here, do check if it is using the relevant RTAI kernel, i need sleep badly.
Thank you, all.
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...tion?start=20#306682

More
08 Aug 2024 02:31 #307238 by uugp
Congratulations.
but, I am unlucky.

On RTAI kernel. can be installed and everything works fine, fresh Debain 12.6 and 2.92 or 2.93 and RTAI258 or RTAI279.
But,
Starting linuxcnc, freezes.
Running /usr/realtime*/testsuite/run test, freezes.

btw, usapce work well on Debain with RT kernel.

More
08 Aug 2024 03:24 #307239 by NTULINUX
uugp,

Some flaky BIOSes/UEFI implementations don't play well with RTAI and there's not really anything to be done to fix it except use a different motherboard. The laptop I've been using for RTAI development causes panics too.

Gaming motherboards are the best IMO because of the flexibility and usually stable BIOS, especially ASUS (TUF, Prime, ROG, etc.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: uugp, Mecanix

More
08 Aug 2024 23:39 #307283 by Mecanix
For the record.

Lenovo ThinkCenter M6180S: RTAI 5.4.258 ~PASS
Dell Optiplex 760 SFF: RTAI 5.4.258 ~FAIL
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Aug 2024 05:49 #307884 by Ray_TL00
Buenas soy un completo novato en esto la latencia de la iso 2.9.2 oficial es muy alta para mí 60000 quiero poner el kernel rtai pero no tengo idea como hacerlo, gracias de antemano

More
17 Aug 2024 21:02 #308027 by Bari
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...r-2-9?start=0#304599

I'm sorry my Spanish is too poor. The instructions are simple. Try Google translate.

Para instalar desde un Debian 12 nuevo sin LCNC instalado todavía, solo use: sudo dpkg -i (nombre del paquete aquí sin corchetes) para cada deb y reinicie. Elija el kernel RTAI en Grub, disfrute.

Para instalar en Debian 12 con linuxcnc-uspace ya instalado, use: sudo apt purge linuxcnc* y espere a que apt elimine por completo todos los rastros de LCNC.
Luego siga las instrucciones para una nueva instalación de Debian 12 que se indican anteriormente.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds