Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • PCW
  • PCW's Avatar
07 Oct 2025 01:02
Replied by PCW on topic 5i25t firmware screwup

5i25t firmware screwup

Category: Driver Boards

Do you get a blinking green light on the 7I84?
 
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
07 Oct 2025 00:50
Replied by tommylight on topic LinuxCNC Lathe Retrofit ... Where Do I begin?

LinuxCNC Lathe Retrofit ... Where Do I begin?

Category: Turning

Were you able to replace the resolvers with encoders?

Yes.

Are they part of the motors?

No they were/are mounted on the screw shaft, not on the motors.
-
For resolvers, you should really try to find as much info as possible, preferably full spec sheet, and preferably push as much as humanly possible to use them, Mesa has resolver cards.
  • Cooped-Up
  • Cooped-Up
07 Oct 2025 00:47
Replied by Cooped-Up on topic 5i25t firmware screwup

5i25t firmware screwup

Category: Driver Boards

I have just now added another wire going to 7i84 field power so now A and B has power. I added the line you suggested having both serial 0 and sserial 1 called out. I still am currently getting the same error that the pins on 7i84 don't exist.
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
07 Oct 2025 00:42
  • Cooped-Up
  • Cooped-Up
07 Oct 2025 00:37
Replied by Cooped-Up on topic 5i25t firmware screwup

5i25t firmware screwup

Category: Driver Boards

The red light is on yes, I don't have power to a and b just one. I was thinking the jumper position tied the 2 together but I could be wrong
  • Digger011
  • Digger011
07 Oct 2025 00:35 - 07 Oct 2025 00:38
Replied by Digger011 on topic Strugling with installation

Strugling with installation

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

After running sudo apt-get install -f I've got this:

dpkg: error processing package linux-image-rt-amd64 (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.142+deb12u3) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-6.1.0-40-rt-amd64
raspi-firmware: missing /boot/firmware, did you forget to mount it?
run-parts: /etc/initramfs/post-update.d//z50-raspi-firmware exited with return code 1
dpkg: error processing package initramfs-tools (--configure):
installed initramfs-tools package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
linux-image-6.1.0-40-rt-amd64
linux-image-rt-amd64
initramfs-tools
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Then went with

sudo apt-get check
apt-cache depends

I got this:

milos@cnc:~$ apt-cache depends linux-image-rt-amd64
linux-image-rt-amd64
Depends: linux-image-6.1.0-40-rt-amd64
milos@cnc:~$ apt-cache depends linux-image-6.1.0-40-rt-amd64
linux-image-6.1.0-40-rt-amd64
Depends: kmod
Depends: linux-base
|Depends: initramfs-tools
Depends: <linux-initramfs-tool>
dracut
initramfs-tools
tiny-initramfs
Conflicts: linux-image-6.1.0-40-rt-amd64-unsigned
Breaks: fwupdate
Breaks: initramfs-tools
Breaks: wireless-regdb
Recommends: firmware-linux-free
Recommends: apparmor
Suggests: linux-doc-6.1
Suggests: debian-kernel-handbook
|Suggests: grub-pc
|Suggests: grub-efi-amd64
Suggests: extlinux
Replaces: linux-image-6.1.0-40-rt-amd64-unsigned

what should I do next? I don't understand this.:(
  • PCW
  • PCW's Avatar
07 Oct 2025 00:23
Replied by PCW on topic 5i25t firmware screwup

5i25t firmware screwup

Category: Driver Boards

Some versions of LinuxCNC require the sserial_port_n stanza or the port is not enabled  (for ports 1,2,3)

Is the 7I84 red LED illuminated?

Do you have field power supplied to both A and B 7I84 field power sections?
 
  • Cooped-Up
  • Cooped-Up
07 Oct 2025 00:07
Replied by Cooped-Up on topic 5i25t firmware screwup

5i25t firmware screwup

Category: Driver Boards

I added port 1 and it did t change anything, I also tried getting rid of the port call-out as I read in another forum post that if you don't specify then all ports are available. Neither changed the results
  • PCW
  • PCW's Avatar
06 Oct 2025 23:56 - 07 Oct 2025 00:06
Replied by PCW on topic 5i25t firmware screwup

5i25t firmware screwup

Category: Driver Boards

Because P1 pins are all assigned  to sserial_port_1, I would not expect
them to be enabled unless sserial_port_1 is enabled in the hal file,

something like:

loadrt hm2_eth board_ip="10.10.10.10" config="num_encoders=6 sserial_port_0=000 sserial_port_1=00000000"
  • Cooped-Up
  • Cooped-Up
06 Oct 2025 23:45
Replied by Cooped-Up on topic 5i25t firmware screwup

5i25t firmware screwup

Category: Driver Boards

It seems as if the internal port p1 is not showing up in my pins... I'm not sure why that is
Displaying 13126 - 13135 out of 13135 results.
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum