Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 7i76e)

21 May 2023 15:49

Can the OPI5 be Configured to Run LCNC?

Category: Computers and Hardware

Royka,
My OPi5+ hasn't shipped out yet either, I ordered from the Ali store instead of Amazon. The usual delivery time from China is about 2-3 weeks to me on the West Coast of Canada. That being said my NanoPC-T6 from FriendlyELEC is here already, it only took about 10 days to arrive via DHL.

The post you made about xunlong kernal changes is way over my head at this point. I bought both of these SBC boards in hopes someone smarter than myself would get one an I could just follow along, you are one of the people. Thank You.

I can always use the second board for one of my many other projects that doesn't need the real-time magic. I also have 2x brand new never opened MESA 7i76e cards I bought when there was supply chain shortages. I was planning on using but will most likely never even touch them now that I picked up some LEADSHINE EL8 EtherCat drives and ELM2 motors ($ not cheap $). Each drive has its own i/o pins for limits, estop, probe, glass slides, etc. and if the OPi5+ 40-pin GPIOs are accessible than I don't see a use for the mesa cards anymore. I guess maybe I should sell them.

I guess I will need a M.2 SSD as there is no eMMC like the NanoPC-T6 has, Also I assume a heatsink will be required, is there recommended one that will work with this board?
21 May 2023 15:26

[SOLVED] Rotary axis homin on index not working

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

Thank you both.

The stepgen index
input is normally shared with encoder index inputs of the same channel
so you might have to re-arrange stepgens for this to work.

On my 7i76e i use  three stepgens using closed loop with index homing (stepper/glasscales), one stepgen with home switch and the one in question with a step/dir servo controller with index homing from the controller index feedback.  Would that work?

I set the linuxcnc PID to 1 and tune the servo controller. It works...

Hm, if I do that I always get an 'offset' in the DRO after homing. The absolute value in the DRO is not 0 but say 1.5. This value decreases with the homing latch velocity but i'm already crawling.

21 May 2023 14:16

[solved] Rehoming Lathespidle / Rotary-Axis from inside GCode

Category: Advanced Configuration

I've started to build a lathe spindle / rotary axis using a servo motor. The idea is to be able to combine milling operations (as a-axis) and lathe operations (as spindle) in the same GCode using a kinematic switch. The servo controller (Mitsubishi) offers a Position/Speed mode that allows me to switch between position mode using step/dir signals from the Mesa 7i76e and speed mode using 0-10V from the spindle output. This works using simple digital outputs connected in HAL.
The problem is this:
Running the motor in speed mode for lathe operations disables the encoder feedback from the servo controller and the angular position information for the rotary axis in linuxCNC is out of sync. So switching the servo controller back to position mode leaves me with a randomly positioned rotary axis that needs to be rehomed before continuing with a GCode milling operation. 

I have the index signal available for homing but how do I reset the absolute position of the rotary joint from inside Gcode?
21 May 2023 14:00

I seems your encoder feedback is missing?
net a-pos-fb        <=  hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.03.position
21 May 2023 12:43

I'm trying to get a rotary joint to home using an encoder index.
I would expect the motor to rotate (according to the 'HOME_LATCH_VEL' set in the ini and upon finding the index pulse stop and reset the absolute position to zero.
What I see is the motor starts turning finds the index and then returns to, what seems to me, the old absolute zero position.
This is on Version 2.9 from a recent bookworm install.

Any ideas?

Warning: Spoiler!

Warning: Spoiler!
21 May 2023 06:20

Question about custom BOB for a 7i92

Category: Driver Boards

Sorry I misunderstood. I think I get what you mean now. I assume that would look something like the velocity or encoder position of the roller controlling delay setting?....which actually sounds like it could work fairly reasonably as a simple way of doing it. That might actually work well for that test scenario but the real use is a bit more complicated. I wouldn't use that since I have a more flexible way of doing it with a hal component. Merging that hal logic into a firmware module would be the best way to do it but it works well enough even with the stackup of software and ethernet IO read/write variations.

I've been using that for several years, this guy actually tried something similar with LinuxCNC and a 7i76e then switched to using his own firmware on a DExx Nano (altera FPGA).

Fundamentally a similar thing to what I'm doing but you can see the difference between when he used a software implimentation vs full FPGA. I spoke to this guy a couple times, was curious why he didn't just try to write a hm2 module to do everything....he seemed to have the skill.
Displaying 646 - 651 out of 651 results.
Time to create page: 0.993 seconds