Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: THCAD)

05 Oct 2023 14:12

Ohmic sensing with Mesa Thcad2

Category: General LinuxCNC Questions

Peter I get an "invalid bit file header" error if I try to load that bin file.
05 Oct 2023 13:46
Replied by PCW on topic Ohmic sensing with Mesa Thcad2

7i96s_dpl.bin is made for this kind of use
05 Oct 2023 12:48

Hi,
It was mentioned that there is a special bit file for the 7i96S to use a second encoder channel if one wants to do ohmic sensing with a Thad2 and the 7i96S?
I looked at the ZIP file with all the support bit files but I a cannot decode the bit file names to tell me what to use? Anyone got some info please?

30 Sep 2023 13:26

Hypertherm MAX PRO 200 CNC Connections - Quick Question

Category: Plasma & Laser

Tommy knows more than me on this subject so I have included a copy of the drawing but I would have thought J3.6 an J3.7 would be better places to pick up the voltage for a THCAD. That seems to be where PCW suggested.

It does not really matter how long the HV pulse is, it can still damage stuff. I can understand your reluctance to deviate from the manual
24 Sep 2023 23:55
Replied by tommylight on topic 7I84 Max Input Frequency

7I84 Max Input Frequency

Category: Driver Boards

I nearly said earlier that you might be better off using an encoder input which is what is done when using a THCAD.

I thing PCW mentioned that can do 10MHz, i have tested a bit over 1MHz, did not have anything faster. :(
24 Sep 2023 20:38
Replied by rodw on topic 7I84 Max Input Frequency

7I84 Max Input Frequency

Category: Driver Boards

I nearly said earlier that you might be better off using an encoder input which is what is done when using a THCAD.
You can scale the resulting velocity in hal
That way its not dependent on the servo thread.
23 Sep 2023 15:40 - 23 Sep 2023 15:43

Hello Everyone!

I thank you for your kind replies. I have been away from the PC for a while fixing the machine!

Nothing has happened, and my THCAD is working perfectly actually, cutting on a daily basis with height correction.
the thcad is thcad-10, so im only feeding divided voltage. even if it has 10.000V peak, which would more easily kill the proma (?), on the thcad side it might reach a 200v peak, which i believe it will handle.

I have put the terminals connected to my proma divider, and the proma is grounded. the terminals are not in the place of the picture, they were placed where the manual tells you to place it! ahah

thank you all for your kind help!
19 Sep 2023 17:11
Replied by Jdog on topic No arc voltage

No arc voltage

Hi Rod, The light is flashing and it flashes quicker when connecting 9 volts. How do i test the encoder velocity pin? The values on the back of my thcad are 0v 117.4 10v 940.2 and I tried setting scale 0.2916869227. Would this be correct. Sorry I'm not very well versed when it comes to this and the only help i can find is on this forum
19 Sep 2023 10:11
Replied by rodw on topic No arc voltage

No arc voltage

the two basic things to check. Is the light on the thcad flashing? does it get faster if you connect a 9 volt battery?
If not fault is in the wiring to the THCAD
Next, is the encoder velocity pin hovering around 3800 at zero volts and is it a  positive number? 
If negative, change the encoder scale.
If it is a static number, you have a wiring priblem between the thcad and the mesa card.

Finally, note that when the Everlast is set to 16:1 divider, the thcad sees it as 24:1 (1.5x multiplier). This is because the thcad thinks the everlast voltage divider resistors belong to it. But it is a good range for the machine.(240v max scale)
19 Sep 2023 01:53

No arc voltage

No i haven't touched those. it was at 1.000000 voltage scale and 0.000 voltage offset default setting I'm guessing. This is the stuff where I'm lost with these settings. I did check polarity and it is correct according to the everlast manual pin outs and the + - connections at the thcad
19 Sep 2023 00:16

No arc voltage

I am using thcad 10 with 7i76e. I will double check polarity and verify. Thanks
18 Sep 2023 23:18
Replied by tommylight on topic No arc voltage

No arc voltage

Most probably, wrong polarity on the THCAD input.
Are you using THCAD?
What board?
More info?
18 Sep 2023 21:44

I forgot I quoted the maxpro manual there. Up to 10,000 V!
The Thcad is rated for overvoltage of 500 volts.
18 Sep 2023 12:11

Well you are aguing :)
Blow back torches found on the 40amp-125 amp Thermal Dynamics plasma cutters do not generate high frequency/high voltage
The Maxpro 200 does as its a High Frequency Start
Its your hardware, we have warned you.
It may only be for a few milliseconds but thats long enough.
The THCAD is a very robust device built for plasma cutting but it has its limitations. Read its manual carefully.
18 Sep 2023 11:34

@RDA,
Do you have a high voltage/high frequency pilot arc plasma cutter with CPC?
Open it, se where the voltage is taken from, then come back and edit your last post.
As far as I know the MAXPRO 200 is a high frequency/high voltage start machine
That means on starting, there are many thousands of volts flowing around.
Ther are photos on this forum of a THCAD that has been subject to these voltages and burst into flames on a much smaller machine where the torch voltage was picked up in front of the HF start module.
What Tommy is saying is you must connect the THCAD behind the High frequency module to avoid joining this example of what not to do. 

Sorry I somehow missed this one. As I don’t know how the pcb is made and don’t know how it breaks I can’t say much about it specifically.

I just wanted to note that the HF is not formed between the electrode and work. It would be nearly impossible to push the spark made by the HF unit, being it a spark gap, electronic or any other type of ignition unit, from the electrode to work. The distance is far to big and trying to push it through the nozzle would not work.

The voltages present between work and electrode during the ignition phase (typically sub 100ms) are mostly, if not all, induced voltages and these are in the MHz range (much like ohmic sensing).

The pilot voltage is pretty much the OCV and is typically under 300V.

My best guess would be that the divider resistors are your standard resistors and not pulse withstanding as they should.

I’m sorry if people feel like I am trying to argue, it’s not my intention. I just try to ”demystify” this as there are no magical forces involved in here.
Displaying 166 - 180 out of 209 results.
Time to create page: 1.512 seconds