Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry)

29 Sep 2023 09:21

Debian 12 - 2.10 master branch image for the Raspberry Pi 4b/400

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Knowing how much blood, sweat & tears Rod has put into the project, maybe you'd like to donate a RPi5 so Rod might be able to support it quicker.
28 Sep 2023 13:03
Replied by meister on topic LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

LinuxCNC on Raspberry Pi 5

why not , you can allready boot RPI4 (CM4) from NVMe
28 Sep 2023 12:15

Looks good, wonder if it'll support NVMe boot .
28 Sep 2023 10:40

Here we go again and now it might have the power to actually work? Key features include:
  • 2.4GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU
  • VideoCore VII GPU, supporting OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.2
  • Dual 4Kp60 HDMI® display output
  • 4Kp60 HEVC decoder
  • Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi®
  • Bluetooth 5.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
  • High-speed microSD card interface with SDR104 mode support
  • 2 × USB 3.0 ports, supporting simultaneous 5Gbps operation
  • 2 × USB 2.0 ports
  • Gigabit Ethernet, with PoE+ support (requires separate PoE+ HAT, coming soon)
  • 2 × 4-lane MIPI camera/display transceivers
  • PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals
  • Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin GPIO header
  • Real-time clock
  • Power button
28 Sep 2023 06:27

Simple mesa rpi g540 question

Category: Driver Boards

Hei thank you for reply.
First if all sorry that my post was simple. So I will expand my post with some extra words. :)

I have a machine that I builded for 10 years ago and was always running machine with a regular pc that has some form for linuxcnc.
At the moment latency is a issue and I decided to change system. I still use the same g540 :) the thing just unbreakable.

Issue so far is that I never used a raspberry pi before. And i am struggling now to instal a version that will work. i tried so far with official Linuxcnc system image for raspberry pi and stoped right at the boot. Some error about old operating system. I saw it was discussed in some thread.

I tried other way. Installed raspberry os and there got error apt-get not allowed anymore. :) do you guys have a link where I can find instructions how to instal linuxcnc on raspberry pi 4 (8 gb).

Little bit about my machine.
It is small but capable of machining softer metals like alu.
Dual x axis and z axis 3a motor
Y axis 3,5a motor
24v power supply
Wj220 vfd running 1,5kw spindle
G540 controls everything.
25 Sep 2023 19:55

Debian 12 - 2.10 master branch image for the Raspberry Pi 4b/400

I believe SPI has been tested as working but I have no clue about SPI.
Andy's GPIOD driver was backported to V 2.9 last night so I will revert to building 2.9 from here on as the objective is to have an image that can be released if they ever get 2.9 released.
25 Sep 2023 19:30

Raspberry Pi 4 with Mesa 7c81

Category: Driver Boards

Where you able to get the Mesa 7c81 working with the Match3 board, and if so how did you do it?  Thanks,
25 Sep 2023 15:59
Weeny solder bot was created by iforce2d

Weeny solder bot

Category: Show Your Stuff

Just wanted to show off this little through-hole soldering machine I made, goes by the name 'Weeny' because the whole thing fits in the size of an A4 sheet of paper. It's running on a RaspberryPi ZeroW using my 'weenyPRU' realtime unit that targets the STM32F103C8 (aka blue pill) microcontroller. The firmware and LinuxCNC component was based on Remora, but has been heavily modified to suit my needs and the capability of the lowly F103C8. 

All the parts were made on my big router, also running LinuxCNC of course. I built the router a couple years ago when I knew almost nothing about LinuxCNC so it's a very basic setup, but I learned so much doing this solder bot that I finally understand it all much better now. I was able to set up a decent physical control interface using halui which seemed far out of reach a couple years ago.

I designed the PRU board to keep the wiring tidy, but this could also be done with a regular blue pill, if you enjoy dealing with a huge ball of spaghetti wiring. Here is some info on the board: github.com/iforce2d/weenyPRU
My first PCB design had some errors so right now I'm waiting on delivery of the second version, after I confirm everything is ok I'll add the PCB files to the github page. Here is a video I made that looks at the PRU board:

There is some more discussion about the PRU in the forums here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/42276-rem...spi?start=730#280751

Since the PRU is not much more than a blue pill, it's quite cheap. I paid US$42 for 5 boards from JLCPCB (that's with no pins or connectors of course, just the SMD parts), so that's about $8 each, and with a RPi Zero being $20 or less this is a really cheap way to get started with LinuxCNC. The PiZero is ungodly slow to run the GUI at the same time though, which is why I'm running everything 'headless'. Since this solder bot does the same job over and over, I can get away with not using the GUI, but if you did want a GUI you'd need at least a RPi3 to not go crazy.

Apart from the physical halui controls, my linuxcnc-gcode-server is helpful to run everything headless. This lets me enable, home, load programs, run MDI commands etc over a telnet connection. You can find more info on that here: github.com/iforce2d/linuxcnc-gcode-server
And a video demo of that: 

24 Sep 2023 17:53

Hilfe bei der Auswahl eines Rechners für den Betrieb eines Mesa 7i95 Controllers

Category: Deutsch

Ich denke nicht, aber es funkt.

Also, ich werde mich vorerst von der Idee, einen Raspberry Pi zu verwenden, verabschieden müssen.

Leider hatte ich zuletzt wirklich schlechtes Glück mit meinem gebrauchten PC. Wenn er eine Weile nicht benutzt wird, weigert er sich einfach, zu starten, und ich muss eine Neuinstallation durchführen. Ich vermute, dass die Hardware irgendwie defekt ist.

Daher werde ich mich auf die Suche nach einem anderen gebrauchten PC begeben müssen.
24 Sep 2023 17:39

Hilfe bei der Auswahl eines Rechners für den Betrieb eines Mesa 7i95 Controllers

Warschenlich lauft mit 1 oder 2GB, aber es wird nich spas machen.

Spaß ist Pflicht!
Ein flüssiges, störungsfreies, zuverlässiges System würde mir Spaß machen.

Das Pi würde es auch mit 8GB RAM geben.
Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB/magnetisches Gehäuse/Netzteil/32GB SD Card/HDMI Kabel ==> Hier

Ist die Pi wirklich für eine CNC geeignet?
24 Sep 2023 08:43

Hallo zusammen,

ich werde nun meinen alten Rechner entsorgen, nach längerer Pause will er wieder nicht starten, bzw. er startet zwar, aber ich bekomme nichts auf den Monitoren angezeigt, das Problem hatte ich vor kurzem schon einmal, dann habe ich alles neu aufgesetzt und nun nach längerer Pause geht es wieder nicht. Ich traue dem PC nicht mehr.

Ich möchte einen Mesa 7i95 betreiben ;-) deshalb ist mir ein doppeltes Netzwerk wichtig.
Ich habe zwei Monitore (HDMI) und möchte später noch einen Joystick für die manuelle Steuerung anschließen.

Ich würde gerne eure Meinung dazu hören.
Stabilität, Zuverlässigkeit, Geschwindigkeit, Ruckeln des Systems etc.

Ich habe folgendes zusammengebaut. (bin auch bereit für ein gutes stabiles System (Hadware) mehr zu bezahlen)

1 x Raspberry Pi 4 B 1GB, 4x 1.5 GHz, 1 GB RAM, WLAN, BT
ca. 45 € ==> ( Hier )
1 x Raspberry Pi 4 B Netzteil 15W, 5.1 V, 3.0 A, USB Type-C, EU-Stecker
ca.9 € ==> ( Hier )
2 x HDMI Kabel (HDMI-Typ A > Micro-HDMI-Typ D)
ca. 7 € ==> ( Hier )
1 x Gehäuse für Raspberry Pi 4, Acryl, 2x Lüfter
ca. 12€ ==> ( Hier )
--
ca. 80 €

Hier habe ich was gelesen das ich nicht verstehe:
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/getting-start...em-requirements.html

Kernel- und Versionsanforderungen
LinuxCNC erfordert einen für die Echtzeitnutzung modifizierten Kernel, um Real zu steuern Maschinenhardware.

Preempt-RT mit linuxcnc-uspace
Preempt-RT ist das neueste der Echtzeitsysteme und auch die Version das kommt einem Mainline-Kernel am nächsten. Preempt-RT-Kernel sind verfügbar als vorkompilierte Pakete aus den Hauptrepositorys. Der Suchbegriff „PREEMPT_RT“ findet sie und kann heruntergeladen und installiert werden genau wie jedes andere Paket. Preempt-RT bietet im Allgemeinen die beste Treiberunterstützung und ist die einzige Option für Systeme, die den über Ethernet angeschlossenen Mesa-Hardwaretreiber verwenden Karten. Im Allgemeinen hat Preempt-RT die schlechteste Latenz aller verfügbaren Systeme, aber es gibt Ausnahmen.

Das verstehe ich nicht "Echtzeitnutzung modifizierten Kernel" was bedeutet das für mich bei der auswahl vom Rechner?

Gruß Mücke
Displaying 751 - 765 out of 966 results.
Time to create page: 1.100 seconds