Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
08 Jan 2014 16:56 - 08 Jan 2014 17:00 #42483 by newbynobi

The reason that I am going to the script is because I used Gcode to do toolchange and found that if I use a call to a subroutine or a macro, the back plot does not display the job any more. I have a macro on a button that does the tool length measurement.

I am nearly sure, that your sub does end with an M2.
Replace the M2 with a % only at the end!

I do know that that causes an error in the terminal, but in my case that solved the problem of repainting the preview window with nothing.

Please inform if that works for you too.

If you have a tool length probe switch, you do not need to touch off every tool, in gmoccpy it will not even be necessary to have a reference tool.

You measure any tool you want (in coordinate system later be used on the program), and then you enter the workpiece height (measured from the table), that's it.
Start the program, TnM6 will be found the machine moves automatically to the tool length switch and measure the length, G43 will be activated, as the tool switch height and the workpiece height is known, I can calculate the offset to apply to the actual coordinate system
The tool moves to workpiece and does his job, after the next tool change the same happens again, but now the difference between workpiece height and coordinate system is null, the coordinate system will not be moved.

I am on the tests with real machine at the moment.

Norbert
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 17:00 by newbynobi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2014 17:28 #42484 by mariusl
Nortbert
That is exactly what I was trying to achieve with the subs. And yes I do have M2's. I will remove them and check again but I like your way better. No offsets from the job is good for me. I am not a trained machinist and the simpler it is the better form me. I just want to make parts that work and look good. The rest is for much more clever guys.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
08 Jan 2014 18:25 #42486 by cncbasher

The reason that I am going to the script is because I used Gcode to do toolchange and found that if I use a call to a subroutine or a macro, the back plot does not display the job any more. I have a macro on a button that does the tool length measurement.

I am nearly sure, that your sub does end with an M2.
Replace the M2 with a % only at the end!

I do know that that causes an error in the terminal, but in my case that solved the problem of repainting the preview window with nothing.

Please inform if that works for you too.

If you have a tool length probe switch, you do not need to touch off every tool, in gmoccpy it will not even be necessary to have a reference tool.

You measure any tool you want (in coordinate system later be used on the program), and then you enter the workpiece height (measured from the table), that's it.
Start the program, TnM6 will be found the machine moves automatically to the tool length switch and measure the length, G43 will be activated, as the tool switch height and the workpiece height is known, I can calculate the offset to apply to the actual coordinate system
The tool moves to workpiece and does his job, after the next tool change the same happens again, but now the difference between workpiece height and coordinate system is null, the coordinate system will not be moved.

I am on the tests with real machine at the moment.

Norbert

looking forward to testing

More
08 Jan 2014 18:38 #42489 by andypugh
One thing to be aware of here:
Setting LinuxCNC to EMC_TASK_MODE_MANUAL explicitly sets the machine into JOINT mode (If I am correctly interpreting this code, the emcTaskSetMode function
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...5242101;hb=HEAD#l213

I think that The Axis GUI works round this by restoring the mode to TELEOP afterwards.

This is not a problem at all for a trivkins machine.
It works OK on a non-trivkins machine as lone as HALUI is not loaded.
With a non-trivial kins and HALUI active, things are pretty buggy. Has Gmoccapy been tested in this config?

You would not want to be jogging a gantry during tool-change with non-trivkins + halui and Axis...

More
08 Jan 2014 18:55 #42490 by mariusl
Andy
I am using a standard three stepper config with Gmoccapy. So I am fairly sure it is trivkins and Halui is loaded. If nothing goes wrong in between and you dont have to restart the process, it seems to be ok. Only thing is you have to change the mode to AUTO by hand before closing the dialog.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
09 Jan 2014 00:26 #42507 by newbynobi
Halo Andi,

I do not even know the difference between joint and telop mode.

So, no it has not been tested, as i only own lathes and mills with 2, 3 and 4 axis.

I will not allow jogging duringbtool change, but i will remape the toolchange to a subroutine, so all machine movement will be done with gcode or MNL commands.

Is there then also a problem?
Halui is not necessary for gmoccapy, but i can not avoid that users do load it.

Norbert from phone

More
09 Jan 2014 03:20 #42519 by mmprestine
Hello everyone. I would really like to test out the gmoccapy and cannot seem to get it running. There seems to be an error with my dev version as the .hal files are corrupted. The linuxcnc load of the gmoccapy fail every time on the load of the .hal files and when I try to open them to determine the cause they seem to be damaged.

Any thoughts?

Matt

More
09 Jan 2014 03:24 #42520 by newbynobi
Hallo Matt,

what version do you use?
Did you just get a git copy?

Are you in sim mode or on a real machine?
Did you make rip-environment before starting the GUI?
What is the exact error message?

Do you know the WIKI?

Norbert

More
09 Jan 2014 03:40 #42521 by mmprestine
Norbert,
I current have a master branch 2.6.0-pre0-3204-g8db1115 installed into a VM for testing.

I used the version of gmoccapy from git so I assume that it is the latest.

I am trying to run in sim mode and those are the .hal files I seem to have issues with.

Not sure that I am familiar with the rip-environment but will check on that.

I looked over the wiki and did not see anything that helped.

Matt

More
09 Jan 2014 03:56 #42523 by newbynobi
In the virtual machine, do the following:
sudo apt-get install git-core gitk git-gui
git config --global user.name "Your full name
git config --global user.email "you@example.com
git clone git://git.linuxcnc.org/git/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev
sudo apt-get install libboost-python-dev libmodbus-dev
cd linuxcnc-dev
cd src
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make setuid
cd ..
. ./scripts/rip-environment
linuxcnc

Do you use virtualbox, or an other virtual machine, virtualbox is ok but vmware some times makes problems.

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds