Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
09 Jan 2014 04:25 #42526 by mmprestine
I am using VMware so perhaps there is an issue there.

I have already done what you have posted but re-ran again.

There seems to be a problem with getting libmodbus-dev:

sudo apt-get install libboost-python-dev libmodbus-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package libmodbus-dev

There also seems to be an error with the make:
linuxcnc-dev/src$ make
Makefile:55: Makefile.inc: No such file or directory
Makefile:66: *** Makefile.inc must specify RTPREFIX and other variables. Stop.

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2014 07:38 #42533 by newbynobi
Please try from virtualbox, and install on it the 10.04 LinuxCNC CD, then run the code I posted and everything will work out of the box!

Norbert

More
09 Jan 2014 08:12 #42534 by andypugh

Andy
I am using a standard three stepper config with Gmoccapy. So I am fairly sure it is trivkins and Halui is loaded. If nothing goes wrong in between and you dont have to restart the process, it seems to be ok. Only thing is you have to change the mode to AUTO by hand before closing the dialog.

Can I suggest that it would be useful to try running the gantry/gantry sample config, and see how things work out? That is a parport config, so doesn't know that there is no hardware connected.
If you modify it to load halui it would be useful to know if it randomly drops back to joint-mode.

More
13 Jan 2014 18:40 #42694 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
I am busy testing the mill functions of Gmoccapy and found that I cannot highlight a line of code to show it in the backplot nor does the code highlight when a move is selected on the backplot. If I want to use "Run from line" then these two functions should be active.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
14 Jan 2014 03:29 #42708 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

did I mention, that I do hate "Run from Line" the way LinuxCNC is doing it?

That is the reason, it is disabled by default in gmoccapy, it is really dangerous, because it does not take care of any setting previous the selected line, no commercial control I know does this!

So please don't expect me to invest a lot of time in that at this development state. I Think that is not a gmoccapy problem, IMHO it is caused by glade hal gremlin, but I did not check that jet!

I am just finishing the tool measurement, it works better I expected, but I will have to make some control structures, otherwise there may be a lot of crash because of improper use ;-) It will be disabled by default, but for experts it will be available. I do not know if I will be able to solve some preview problems at this time, for me it is more important to make it work save and reliable.

Norbert, hoping you can live with that for a while.

More
14 Jan 2014 04:48 #42717 by mariusl
Hi Norbert

I do agree with you that it is not a nice thing to do but unfortunately a very necessary evil. I broke a tool in the middle of a large job today and for that I have to use run from line. If one chooses the correct line to run from then it is not that bad. I normally choose a line at the beginning of an operation.

I also agree that you must first the the more important work. The screen is becoming complete and soon it will mature. Then you can enjoy the fruit of your labour.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
15 Jan 2014 03:17 #42783 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
On the plasma screen I see we broke the pin naming convention in the signals panel. All the names have underscores in stead of dashes. The capitalizing of the terms is also not good. we should rather use dashes.
I am going to fix it in my copy and then send it to you later.
Sorry I did not notice earlier on :(

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
15 Jan 2014 05:40 #42787 by newbynobi
Halo Marius,

Just send me a list of the names you wish, and I will try to realize it for you.

Norbert

More
16 Jan 2014 01:26 #42839 by mariusl
Hi Norbert

Here is the file with fixed names.

File Attachment:

File Name: signals.glade
File Size:13 KB

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Attachments:

More
16 Jan 2014 05:09 #42849 by mariusl
Norbert
Could you also add the THC button state to the things to save. If the thc button is on when the user leaves the screen it must still be on when he starts up again.

Thanks man.

P.S. Plasma with with the simple module should start testing nex week some time. ;)

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds