LinuxCNC Features - a kind of NGCGUI

More
28 Oct 2014 09:13 #52475 by FernV
Hi Nick,

I have a suggestion, maybe some titles could be changed like :
  • Linear and Circular Array Number and Tool Number have 2 different meanings, the first one means Quantity while the second one is an ID, so Linear and Circular array could be Quantity or Count while Tool could be Ident
  • In Gcode, could Variable be better than Line ?

Sorry, I have a better understanding of CX and DX

Your plug-in is intuitive and pretty well thought

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2014 16:04 #52484 by Nick

Hi Nick,
  • Linear and Circular Array Number and Tool Number have 2 different meanings, the first one means Quantity while the second one is an ID, so Linear and Circular array could be
  • Can you attach a screenshot I do not understand that quite well...
  • In Gcode, could Variable be better than Line ?
  • What do you want to be instead of line?

More
    29 Oct 2014 07:23 #52515 by FernV
    Hi

I assigned the wrong translation to Number in one place and it created confusion. "Number" is OK in all cases.
    When I first selected Custom Gcode, I had no idea at all what Line 1-5 were about. It is only when reviewing your video that I understood. However, I think "Variable" could be a better term, I would have understood that it is an object which would need a value.

Is it supposed to write "features.ngc" in the topmost directory ? Or should it be in either ~/linuxcnc or ~/linuxcnc-features-master ?

Most errors are the same when linuxcnc is not updated :
    TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

I searched www.google.com/search?q=TypeError%3A+coe...weasel-a&channel=nts
    and I had lot of answers but since I do know python at all I have no idea what all this means

Regards

More
    31 Oct 2014 08:40 - 31 Oct 2014 19:06 #52605 by FernV
    Hi,

I am almost finished with translation to French. Every strings have been translated but there are some I am not sure because I do not understand fully hox CNC works.

Here are a few screenshots.

When I have it work, I will be able to correct the rest but if some French speaking people is willing to help, I include the language files. Just edit linuxcnc-features.po with poedit and when you save, it compiles automatically to mo. Re-open LinuxCNC Features to view the modifications.

To install the language file, unzip the archive file in LinuxCNC-features/locale folder and follow the point 6 of INSTALL in README.md

File Attachment:

File Name: fr_language.tar.gz
    File Size:11 KB

Regards

PS - I was only able to test in stand alone mode, plug-in would NOT load language translation. It only includes translation for mill. I was unable to load lathe.xml catalog in stand alone mode, only as plug-in. Until I can have ALL Features show in LinuxCNC simulator, not only arrays and n-gon, I will not do more translation.
    Attachments:
    Last edit: 31 Oct 2014 19:06 by FernV. Reason: Add a note
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick

More
    31 Oct 2014 14:52 #52608 by Nick
    Awesome!

I've added it to latest dev version!

More
    14 Nov 2014 21:59 #53079 by cparsons
    Looks very nice - I have installed this but cannot get it to load, there appears to be a path error?

A lot of the ini files being referenced appear to be in a ../subroutines/mill folder NOT ../subroutines, but I cannot find where this path is set?

I saw a post on the Russian forum about adding the path to the ini file for my mill

<RS274NGC]
    PARAMETER_FILE = linuxcnc.var
    SUBROUTINES_PATH = /home/chris/linuxcnc-features-master/subroutines/mill

but this did not work - the error messages still referred to the original path? (/home/chris/linuxcnc-features-master/subroutines)

Where is this path set?

Thank you

Chris

More
    14 Nov 2014 22:25 #53081 by Nick
    Hmmm Features uses it's own path to get it's own subroutines...

Some errors on startup can appear - some subroutines have moved and we have not clean them up yet, but most of them should work...

How do you start features, as stand-alone application or integrated into axis?

More
    14 Nov 2014 23:23 #53082 by cparsons
    I have run LinuxCNC and there is nothing different in Axis, so I opened a terminal window and tried standalone and got the attached errors?

I have found where the SUBROUTINES_PATH is set but it looks as if the paths to the ini files are resolved by looking at the mill.xml file in the
    subroutines/catalogs folder but cannot understand how this works at the moment!

The install directions do not mention amending the ini file for your machine (mine is called Sieg_SX3.ini) - do I need to add anything to this or
    change it?

Chris
    Attachments:

More
    14 Nov 2014 23:47 #53083 by Nick
    Normally you should not add anything. It should just start...
    Does any new window appear? Because I usually get those warnings, but features shows up...

PS I have sieg x3 as well, but I have no time to work with it :( and it has it's own controller...
    How is sieg in work?
    The following user(s) said Thank You: cparsons

More
    15 Nov 2014 00:08 #53084 by cparsons
    Think I have found one of the problems?

The mill.xml file has a lot of incorrect paths to the ini files, I have corrected these (one ini file was not there at all, I have commented this out?)

The standalone starts up with no errors now, and I can add controls to the top window, but nothing appears in LinuxCNC - just the default 'LinuxCNC' gcode? The bottom window shows a icon with a red cross like a broken image until you select a control when you start which confused me - I thought it had not started properly

I am very new to LinuxCNC (and Python!), I have only just started converting my mill to CNC, if you want to see progress have a look at these videos I posted on DropBox?

www.dropbox.com/sh/74r93l5dieo1h47/AACfA...eOzgB2tQKzH8cPa?dl=0

This is used for a hobby, I make model steam engines :)

Best wishes

Chris

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds