LinuxCNC Features - a kind of NGCGUI

More
04 Jul 2016 23:26 #77004 by skunkworks
is this in a repository somewhere? I would love to play with it.

Awesome work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2016 16:02 #77041 by FernV
Hi

It is not yet available because there is still one sub that I consider essential and will affect performance and this one is quite difficult to solve. After that one, it should be just a matter of testing everything to make sure there is no bugs.

Later some other subs will be published after they have been updated like ttf engraving, d-sub and a few others never published before

Best regards
Fern
The following user(s) said Thank You: aer73, fixer

More
09 Aug 2016 14:55 #78532 by FernV
Pedro Grijava asked :

I have installed linuxcnc features and it look great i really liked the concept
I wonder if you are planing release any plasma catalog.

Answer :

A new release is on the way and most gcode files have been rewritten. The one I am working on now should be the most usefull. Only a few changes should be necessary for plasma cutting use.

Most probably many will never have to write gcode again. Some parts are very difficult to code and a few weeks are still needed before release. The application is also much improved and even more user friendly.

Regards,
Fern

P.S. Please post your questions here so everybody can benefit from it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eFalegname, grijalvap

More
09 Aug 2016 16:54 #78536 by grijalvap
Thanks
I will be waiting for the release also let me know if there is anything I can help.

More
23 Sep 2016 16:21 #80834 by bogie6040
I've got version 2.01 working as stand alone and "embedded" in axis works as well.
Is there a way to embed this into a tab in axis - it takes up too much room added to the right half of the screen.
I see there is a procedure for this on gmoccapy post #58701 but not for axis.

Thanks,
Bogie

More
23 Sep 2016 23:03 #80841 by BigJohnT
The following user(s) said Thank You: bogie6040

More
24 Sep 2016 13:16 #80849 by FernV
Hi bogie

I suggest you try what JT recommend.

However you would lose the advantage of seeing immediately your changes.
Wide monitors have been around for years now and many used ones can be found locally at cheap prices if you can afford it.

Fern
The following user(s) said Thank You: bogie6040

More
03 Oct 2016 00:18 - 03 Oct 2016 00:22 #81161 by gmouer
I installed the current version and embedded it but have a few issues. One of them is that I have a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio monitor and axis along with features overruns the width of the monitor (its fine on a standard type monitor). I can pull the height of the window but the width does not adjust, seems locked. I seen in the preview video that the new version has sliders to adjust the window width so I am not really concerned at this point.

Also, if I select and add a feature it does not appear in the toolpath window, the linuxcnc splash screen remains at all times. I could not find any icon to create a new file or project in features.

I would like to know what entries are needed to a existing HAL and INI file to add features capability to a existing installation.

For now, I am only testing in sim mode and think a lot of the issues I am having may be addressed in the new release that is coming.

Is there any update on its anticipated release?

Really appreciate all the work that has gone into this and look forward to using it live on my machines.

George
Last edit: 03 Oct 2016 00:22 by gmouer.

More
03 Oct 2016 14:09 #81189 by FernV
Hi George

Thanks for your interest in Features

Next version is ready and should be available next week end hopefully.
Only things missing are YouTube tutorials and I am working on it right now.
I found I have another computer that can record voice properly. I had not used Linux for months on that one and hope updates will be easy.

Stay tuned
Fern
The following user(s) said Thank You: aer73, fixer

More
03 Oct 2016 15:53 #81192 by gmouer
Great news Fern !

I know there is not much activity in this thread BUT I am positive there are many watching and anxiously awaiting features. The tutorial video will be a help to many, there has been a lot of changes since features first appeared and it was too busy being developed to make any docs or videos until things got settled down somewhat.

Your work is extremely appreciated !

George

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds