LinuxCNC Features - a kind of NGCGUI

More
26 Oct 2015 20:52 #64294 by andypugh
This is probably not a "Features" problem, as all that does is create G-code.

If you look at the generated G-code is there any indication of what the difference is?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2015 01:51 #64322 by fixer
Yep. I dont think that this is a features problem, too.
There is no difference in G-code. The same G-code behaves differently with different tool diameters. The preview always shows correct path, but the actual move is wrong. Similar thing happened a few posts above, what Fernand pointed out with TrueTypeTracer. The preview is also shown ok, but the generated move is quite different...

More
27 Oct 2015 03:43 #64323 by FernV
Hi Mit,

I am sorry about that problem. This is code I copied from helix.ngc and I had no idea it would cause problem with large tools.

Open fv_entry-arc.ngc
replace line 29 that says :
#<rt> = [[#5410 + 0.01] / 2]
with
#<rt> = [#5410 * 0.501]

Regards
Fern
The following user(s) said Thank You: fixer

More
27 Oct 2015 11:43 #64336 by fixer
hi Fern,

It works, but I am looking at it and I don't see it. What is the difference here?

fv_entry_angle also has the same problem in line 36.

More
27 Oct 2015 20:02 #64349 by FernV
Hi Mit,

fv_entry_angle.ngc also needs the correction.

As you know, the first movement after G41 or G42 must be larger than the radius of the cutter. By adding 0.001 or 0.01 to the diameter of the cutter then dividing by 2 it does the job therotically (up to 15mm is OK) but it seems (this is speculation) that linuxcnc calculation drops some decimals, the result passes the test but when trying to move the distance is too small.

Multiplying by 0.501 works with 3mm to 40mm. I will also test with other diameters to make sure.
Again I am sorry for the trouble it caused to you.

Regards
Fern

More
28 Oct 2015 03:11 - 28 Oct 2015 03:13 #64371 by fixer
Don't feel sorry, it is absolutely not of your fault. And it's a free software. I just posted here, because it will be easier for you to diagnose, you know how those subs work more than anyone else.
I think this is a very serious bug somewhere inside LCNC, toghether with that G5 problem in TTT above.

And I tested it with tool biger that fi 1m and it works, so I think it is ok as it is now.

back on topic, there is a wrong header value in mz_engrave for PARAM_YOFF. The error only shows up when showing sub groups in master tree.
Last edit: 28 Oct 2015 03:13 by fixer.

More
28 Oct 2015 04:42 #64372 by FernV

... there is a wrong header value in mz_engrave for PARAM_YOFF. The error only shows up when showing sub groups in master tree.

Line 290 of mz_engrave.ini under '[PARAM_YOFF]' should be 'header = h3' insead of 'h4'

That will correct everything

Fern

More
29 Oct 2015 12:56 - 29 Oct 2015 14:08 #64426 by FernV
Hi Mit

There is another correction to do in fv_entry-angle,ngc :

replace line 17 that says
o<comp00> if [#<opt> EQ 2] (no compensation)

with
o<comp00> if [[#<opt> EQ 2] OR [#5410 EQ 0]] (no compensation)

line 42 tries to divide by tool radius, it was OK when adding a small number but not multiplying 0 * 0.501

It should also be corrected in fv_entry-arc.ngc (line 21) though there is no such division

Regards
Fern
Last edit: 29 Oct 2015 14:08 by FernV.

More
31 Oct 2015 05:31 - 02 Nov 2015 13:10 #64531 by FernV
Hi Mit

-I would replace top features with features history.

Top Features is allready history. It changes with time bringing the most used the leftmost. It can be resetted by deleting catalog/mill/top.lst I think the problem lies in the fact that icons are not clear enough, I mean we do not have enough icons or the wrong one is selected, I admit that I did overlook that. However what is your idea on this ? Do you think of having the last one used placed on far left or ... ?

I am currently finallizing 'polyline' and some parts are very difficult to implement. Hopefully in a couple of weeks it is ready to release. Not sure I will have time to review the way it creates pockets but it is on my todo list

Regards
Fern

EDITED...
Finally, I modified TopFeatures and renamed to History and it will be possible to have 2 blocks of buttons or only one. When you select a number of most popular features, the left block will show them over time since the last time you deleted catalog/mill/top.lst. If none are selected, you will have only buttons sorted with last feature used at the left.

ALL configuration options will be done in the preference dialog (not in feature.py anymore) and the preference file will not be updated with new release, meaning you will not have to do it again.

I also checked if I could debug engrave-feature but I found that TABS and SPACES were both used for indentation. I tried to replace all TABS with 4 spaces but it messes up the indentations and it would not run anymore. I finally downloaded engrave-lines and found it only uses SPACES and I was able to reset the indentation OK. I will be able to debug and hopefully have it ready for next release.

Fern
Last edit: 02 Nov 2015 13:10 by FernV.

More
05 Nov 2015 04:08 #64771 by fixer
what do you need to debug on engrave-feature? Have you found any more bugs? sorry for the indetation problem, it doesnt show in my editor.
do you have the latest version? (check a few posts above).

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds