PathPilot Lathe with 6 place turret

More
28 Mar 2017 09:00 #90422 by andypugh

Have permission now,tried again. Now I get can't find Makfile.modinc ,found that file and copied it to usr/share/linuxcnc (linuxcnc wasn't there, so I made it). still getting the same.

It does rather sound like you need the linuxcnc-dev package. Perhaps you can get that as a .deb file and transport that to the PP machine.

When it locks up, I can back the offending sensor away and it starts working normally.

What HAL pins does that signal end up driving? Does PP have an "ignore limits" checkbox for jogging off of the limit switches?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2017 12:02 - 28 Mar 2017 12:34 #90430 by brianTruck

It does rather sound like you need the linuxcnc-dev package. Perhaps you can get that as a .deb file and transport that to the PP machine.

I did find this info, It looks like Makefile.modinc has to be setup for the kernal.

forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...t=6&lang=ru&start=48

What HAL pins does that signal end up driving? Does PP have an "ignore limits" checkbox for jogging off of the limit switches?

Halshow dosen't work on PP so I can't see all the connection's. PP does have a ignore limits, But when it locks up I can't check it.

After I back the limit switch off this message keeps appearing on the PP status screen.
" Cannot unhome while moving , joint 0 "

Thanks'
Brian
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 12:34 by brianTruck. Reason: add error

More
28 Mar 2017 15:05 #90444 by andypugh

Halshow dosen't work on PP so I can't see all the connection's.

Is it possible to open a terminal window?

Is it possible to ssh in to the PP machine and run halshow or a halcmd session that way?

More
28 Mar 2017 22:43 - 28 Mar 2017 22:45 #90468 by brianTruck
Andy,
I'll check into the ssh thing. There is no way to open a terminal in PP.

On a positive note ,I went from can't find files to a whole bunch of compile error's. Things are looking up :)

File Attachment:

File Name: compile_error.txt
File Size:14 KB

Whats funny is it actually produced a .ko file.

Brian
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 22:45 by brianTruck. Reason: just for fun

More
28 Mar 2017 22:47 #90469 by andypugh

Whats funny is it actually produced a .ko file.

What's the date on that file? When a compile has worked the last bit of the output is "cp module-name.ko /usr/bin" or something.

More
28 Mar 2017 23:06 #90472 by brianTruck
It's dated for today at the time that I compiled it and was installed in :
/usr/realtime-2.6.32-122--rtai/modules

not in the rtlib where PP has all their .ko files

Brian

More
29 Mar 2017 11:51 #90499 by brianTruck
I now have a modified version of the oracchanger,ko that PP is happy with. I haven't implemented it yet, but I use a loadrt oracchanger in the hal file and didn't get a error.

Here is what I did to get it to work.

I found a old dvd with ubuntu-10.04-linux3-i386.iso and loaded it on a separate computer. I then open the terminal an typed "sudo apt-get install linuxcnc-dev". I saved my updated oracchanger.comp to the home directory. Then used "sudo comp --install oracchanger.comp" that produced a oracchanger.ko file in the usr/realtime-2.6.32-122-rtai/modules/linuxcnc directory. I made a copy of it and saved it to "operator/tmc/rtlib" directory on the PP computer.

I did try "sudo apt-get install linuxcnc-dev" on the PP computer without any luck. I would try this first, maybe it might work on a different computer.

Whew,
Brian

More
30 Mar 2017 00:01 #90536 by brianTruck
Has anyone found away to shut off the full screen feature in PP GUI (so the title bar appears). I've searched through a lot of python code and have yet to find it.

Thanks'
Brian

More
31 Mar 2017 20:28 #90665 by brianTruck
Tried ssh and ended up losing all my configuration files on the PP computer, actually the whole tmc directory disappeared. Man you really have to be careful with that sudo command.

The good thing is that starting with a fresh install of PP and configuring everything right the first time has left me with a stable controller. The home switches are working right and not locking up, I have comment out all of the tormach tool changer code and shut the rt thread down. I now have the full oracchanger servo-thread running ,although no code implemented yet , it's a good feeling not to be fighting error code after error code.

Brian

More
01 Apr 2017 15:35 #90710 by brianTruck
Is there away to change the mesa bit file so that I can use 3 direct 5v inputs out of the unused stepgen 3 pins? Otherwise I will have step up my 5v encoders (tool changer) to the 24v input of the 7i76. I plan on using the spindle encoder so I can't use that.

Brian

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds