Snuggly's Plasma Build

More
14 Dec 2018 17:06 - 14 Dec 2018 17:11 #122421 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
Ok

Tommy thank you for reviewing my work and correcting errors
Fixed ddt component enumeration in hal, don't know why there were not errors when the pins weren't found...

Put all the estop enumeration and logic in, this still will _NOT_ work correctly because we don't know which pin on TB3 the estop switch is connected to. When this is known then changes can be made to Hays_Plasma...hal and THC...hal.

All spindle oriented motion connections (M3/M5) were already made in THC.hal so they aren't needed in Hays_Plasma....hal. I put connections that don't do anything in there as a place holders.

New configuration files attached.

John
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Dec 2018 17:11 by islander261. Reason: Tommy's post, fixed estop enumeration to servo thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: snugglylovemuffin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2018 21:12 #122424 by snugglylovemuffin
I'll use pins hm2_7i96.0.gpio.(001/003/005) (x max, x2 max, y max) as the ESTOP.
for simplicity sake, the I'll stick with TB3 pin 6 (y max) as the primary estop.
{hm2_7i96.0.gpio.005.in_not}

I'll try out these new files. inputting the addf ddt.0/1 servo-thread threw errors for me, even after uncommenting them in thc.hal

I'm trying these new machine files right now.

More
14 Dec 2018 22:08 #122427 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
Close but no cigar !
It does work, but not as it should.
Replace hm2_5i25 with 7i96 etc.
Attachments:

More
14 Dec 2018 22:33 #122428 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
I have a question to further my education.
I see in the hal file:-
addf ddt.0 servo-thread
addf ddt.1 servo-thread
addf hm2_7i96.0.read servo-thread

Is in important to have the read at the top of the thread ? or is it ok like above.

More
14 Dec 2018 22:40 #122429 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
In general its best to have

hardware read
any processing
hardware write

Unless you have a good reason to change the order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
14 Dec 2018 22:57 #122431 by snugglylovemuffin
This is working great, thanks Islander!
My z axis endstop not switching and homing the z axis, however I didn't try changing anything in the THC.HAL file, so that's my next step. I still have some calibration to do as well as testing out my relay; then I'll grab the hypertherm and start test cutting.

Here are the files as they are currently, I had to make a few minor modification, specifically the "spindle.0.forward" and "reverse" threw errors; but those are the only two files commented out of the hays_plasma.hal.
Attachments:

More
15 Dec 2018 00:15 #122433 by islander261
Ok

I don't have your hardware so I need to see the exact error messages to know what is wrong, screen or text copy is best. Both Debian and Ubuntu have screenshot capture programs as part of the basic suite of programs, look under the accessories menu.

What version of LCNC are you running? All of the motion names have been changed to the ones used in the latest master. By the version number in your .ini the motion and spindle names are correct.

The spindle connections are required for the THC..hal to know when to start probing and switch on the torch.

I will fix estop to TB3 pin 6. How is the switch wired? The normal way is the NC contact to the board input and the common to +field voltage (+24V).

I will look over files later and compare to what Tommy sent.

John

More
15 Dec 2018 07:16 #122437 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build

My z axis endstop not switching and homing the z axis, however I didn't try changing anything in the THC.HAL file, so that's my next step.

No need for home switch on the Z axis, you need a floating switch, not the same thing.
You can home it anywhere and it will still work without a home switch.

More
15 Dec 2018 17:37 #122450 by islander261
Ok, new configuration. This is getting tough to get much further. Remember we need exact error messages to trouble problems. Screen shots or copied text are best.

To keep going we need a drawing of the complete system wiring. It seems the pins and their polarities are changing every iteration, it is impossible to keep up with because we don't have the hardware. There is an old saying in the project management field:
" Plan the work, work the plan or plan to fail."

Z will not try to home now per Tommy's instructions. Still don't know whether the THC..hal needs positive true logic in or negative true logic or a mixture of both. No Z limit connection either, I need a photo of the Z axis mechanics showing the the location and wiring of the limit switch.

John
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snugglylovemuffin

More
15 Dec 2018 22:28 #122458 by snugglylovemuffin
I'll update this post with a video of hardware and setup in just a few.

The logic change in the THC.HAL was due to my own error, when I rewired my controller I skipped a pin and the ARC-OK was on when the logic for the pin was off. That's been fixed and is in it's proper configuration.

I kind of fell into this build, however that doesn't excuse my lack of proper planning.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds