Snuggly's Plasma Build

More
09 Jan 2019 18:55 #123851 by snugglylovemuffin
Hope you all had a good holiday season and you're ready for the coming year.

Well gentlemen, weather let up and it's warm enough to be outside. Had to take the machine apart to replace some spacers, it's back together, belts are tightened and today is the day I start cutting, here's to hoping there are not errors and everything goes well. I'll update this post with the result of that test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 22:24 #123877 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build

Well gentlemen, weather let up and it's warm enough to be outside.

Warm???? It was -7 when i went to work, it did not go over -3 all day and 20cm of snow!
Lucky you !

More
09 Jan 2019 22:37 - 09 Jan 2019 23:43 #123878 by snugglylovemuffin
hah, well my machine was outside and covered in ice so... not so lucky me. It needs a home.

Unfortunately I when I went to run my file (thanks again for the tutorial), I got a "joint 3 on limit" when the float switch was activated; very annoying as I thought this issue was fixed. Mind looking at it for me? I don't want to start editing without a second set of eyes.

Islander mentioned trimming up the limits:
net TriggerLimit or2.2.out => joint.3.neg-lim-sw-in joint.3.pos-lim-sw-in joint.3.home-sw-in

I'll try eliminating some of these and see if it solves my issue.

Update: commented line out, wouldn't stop throwing errors.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jan 2019 23:43 by snugglylovemuffin.

More
10 Jan 2019 02:34 #123885 by snugglylovemuffin
Z axis keeps crashing and destroying my float switches... FFS.

@tommylight, do I need to manually edit the gcode and remove all the z axis components? The Toma system is just supposed to work off an M3, right?

More
10 Jan 2019 16:08 - 10 Jan 2019 16:20 #123907 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
The joint.3 on limit error is cause by both the float switch (FloatSwitch) and the TorchOn signals being active at the same time. Use Halscope or Halmeters to verify the operation of your float switch and the TorchOn signal. Also Look at the ArcOk signal because if there is a polarity problem there it may screw up the logic. You are going to need to trace out the logic of the THC component your self or get Tommy to sort this out if you can't get it.

Any Z axis commands in the Gcode will cause the Z axis to move the way the connections are made in THC.Hal if the THC is not active.

When I used to use Gcodetools I would always hand edit the files to remove all Z axis movements. It is pretty quick using the search and replace editing tool. I was using my old TM controller not LCNC at the time.

John
Last edit: 10 Jan 2019 16:20 by islander261. Reason: Added bit about not using LCNC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snugglylovemuffin

More
10 Jan 2019 19:25 #123920 by snugglylovemuffin
So when the machine "crashes" is plunges into the material, and then starts moving around, still firmly pressed into the material, which is strange. It should, according the the code, touch off, go to pierce height, then down to cut height and then begin to follow the path. I'll "scope" it out and see what issues I can pinpoint.

Yeah the Toma system is supposed to work entirely off an M3 command, so I did edit the gcode tools window. I'll get back to it and report findings.

More
10 Jan 2019 19:50 #123921 by tommylight

Yeah the Toma system is supposed to work entirely off an M3 command, so I did edit the gcode tools window. I'll get back to it and report findings.

That is correct, if you leave the Z axis values, it will still work properly, but it will wait for the Z axis movement to finish. That means it will take longer to cut a plate of metal, mush longer when doing a lot of small parts.
Joint.3. on limit switch is just that, Z axis limit is active and set up incorrectly. On the right side of the Axis window, there is a LED with "float switch" written on it, test is by hand and it should switch on and off. If it does not, do not try to cut anything, it will not work properly.

More
10 Jan 2019 22:53 #123930 by snugglylovemuffin
I went into Halshow and I found out a problem. Pins 11 (com); 12 and 13 (relay) are oscillating on and off. Very strange, states should be static.

The float switch LED on the gui does come on when the switch is depressed.
#net TriggerLimit or2.2.out => joint.3.neg-lim-sw-in joint.3.pos-lim-sw-in joint.3.home-sw-in
^ commenting out works, no variation of removing pieces works.

Arcok, and torchon signals are not coming on and do not seem to interfere with the function of the float-switch as the above code seems to be the source of the error.

More
11 Jan 2019 04:01 #123938 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Snuggly's Plasma Build
Ok, please be careful. This line appears to be an integral part of safety aspect of the THC.hal. I suspect that you have a logic polarity problem with one or more of the inputs as this is allegedly very tried and proven code.

John

More
11 Jan 2019 08:29 #123959 by tommylight
www.youtube.com/channel/UCS0X88R7n7P2jIFwhIkw2Qw

Have a look, all the plasma machines use that config, there are more that i have no video for, and all of them work without any issues for several years.
The tube cutter uses the same config but without a THC, just for initial height sensing.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds