Oxy/Fuel table

More
06 Dec 2018 17:28 #121968 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Oxy/Fuel table

Can you confirm that G-code that used to work with the Mach3 installation no longer works with the LinuxCNC installation?

Don't work. I selected the post in sheetcam that I used with mach3

This doesn't make much sense.

How about if you use the actual, same, G-code file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2018 17:41 - 06 Dec 2018 17:47 #121973 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Oxy/Fuel table
Hi

I built you a new PP for SheetCAM that addresses all of your answers. Have you tried it?

Andy

A Mach3 post will not make workable Gcode for use with CommandCNC. We still don't know what the Mach 3 post was. It really doesn't matter now because I have provided the OP with a post that at least produces Gcode that fulfills his requests and am awaiting confirmation that it work as it should on production parts.

John
Last edit: 06 Dec 2018 17:47 by islander261. Reason: Added bit about Mach3 post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: w4swasey

More
07 Dec 2018 16:00 #122007 by w4swasey
Replied by w4swasey on topic Oxy/Fuel table
I saved both the above files to a memory stick

Do I copy the files to the "posts" folder in sheetcam?

More
07 Dec 2018 16:10 #122008 by islander261
You must first strip the .txt extension off of the file name for the post by right clicking on the file and using the rename action. Then place the file in the ~/sheetcamtng/posts directory. The .ngc file doesn't need to be placed anywhere, it is just a small example of gcode created by SheetCam using this post. You can open this file with you text editor and see if it does what you want, it is just Gcode.

John

More
07 Dec 2018 18:44 #122011 by w4swasey
Yes I now have the movement I want for the Rapid, Preheat, then raise for pierce

More
07 Dec 2018 19:57 #122013 by w4swasey
Still will not run from any line The Run From Line button will only work from the beginning of a contour. The post processor is only setting feed rate on the first line segment of a contour. If I try to restart in the middle of a contour I get error messages

"Cannot make arc with zero feed rate"
"Cannot do g1 with zero feed rate"

More
07 Dec 2018 20:23 #122014 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Oxy/Fuel table
Run-from-line is exactly that. The system does not attempt to work out what the machine state would be at that point if you had started from the beginning.
You can MDI the correct feed rate, but that is only a partial answer if you need to run the ignite and pierce routine.

More
07 Dec 2018 20:26 - 07 Dec 2018 20:29 #122015 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Oxy/Fuel table
Hi,

You can import post processor in sheetcam with => options/machine/post processor/ => import post

In attached linuxcnc postprocessor F1 and S1 are loaded at loading gcode. (init function)
I think this can be your problem if you want to start at a certain line and you get error message's as
you explained.

Or try to add some gcode to your ini file :
For example : RS274NGC_STARTUP_CODE = .... ..... ..... G40 G49 G64 P0.001
how to set up startup ngc startup code

change file extension from .zip to .scpost
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Dec 2018 20:29 by Grotius.

More
07 Dec 2018 21:09 #122017 by islander261
Yes, that is the way the post works because feed rates are modal.

CommandCNC will allow you pause the program and use the Gcode preview to select the line you want to run from, usually the end of the last cut. If you stop the program and then use the LinuxCNC run from line feature then you will need to set your feed rate and G64 parameters in MDI first. Or do as I do and just edit the file so that it still has all preamble lines then starts where I want.

CommandCNC does allow you to arbitrarily set the line to run from when paused. A way to make sure you always get the preamble and any other startup code is to put an M1 just before the cutting starts to force a program pause. Then you can advance the the to the line you want to start at in the Gcode preview and then press the run/pause button to start the code running from the selected location. This process is explaned in the CommandCNC manual. I can fix the post so it does this if you want.

John

More
07 Dec 2018 21:13 #122018 by w4swasey
I have always done the ignite & pierce manually on a restart mid cut.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds