Oxy/Fuel table

More
07 Dec 2018 21:25 #122020 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Oxy/Fuel table
You still need to make sure your G64 parameters are set correctly, this is a big change from running Mach3.

The post can be changed so that it prints a F feed rate with each movement by changing line 318 to:
post.Number (" F", feedRate * scale, "0.0##")

This will make busy looking Gcode.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2018 21:26 #122021 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Oxy/Fuel table
@John,

I can restart from line directly in linuxcnc, in all circumstances.
It works directly whithout setting any parameter or editting files.

The code behind the program start button in grotius gui :

startline = int(self.widgets.start_entry.get_text())
self.c.auto(self.cnc.AUTO_RUN, startline)

1. It read's in the start_entry text box value.
2. Then it uses a linuxcnc Auto_run command combined with a start line number.

But for me i don't use start lines anymore. With negative adaptive feed it's easyer to move a little back
on cutting pat'h. Client's see this as an advantage related to Mach3. Also the real time height cutting path's plot's
are a big plus related to Mach3.

More
07 Dec 2018 22:02 #122025 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Oxy/Fuel table
File search in axis is horrible. I can not find my external hard drive to open a ngc file.
Restart from selected line seems to be impossible, and it exceeds limit's. Pfff. Why don't they set the limits to max?
So i found out that axis is horrible to start with at these option's. And why after so many year's?
Are they sleeping in the dev section?

More
07 Dec 2018 22:53 #122026 by islander261
Grotius

The OP is using CommandCNC the UI is much different than yours.

The parameter setting is because LinuxCNC will skip all of the preamble Gcode when it jumps to the selected start line.

John

More
09 Dec 2018 20:34 #122113 by w4swasey
Replied by w4swasey on topic Oxy/Fuel table

You still need to make sure your G64 parameters are set correctly, this is a big change from running Mach3.

G64 parameters?

The post can be changed so that it prints a F feed rate with each movement by changing line 318 to:
post.Number (" F", feedRate * scale, "0.0##")

This will make busy looking Gcode.

John

More
09 Dec 2018 20:47 #122114 by w4swasey
Another thing I noticed today Is I set up a 4' X 8' sheet today (43) of the same part using a combination of array & copy. Only the very first part had feed rate in the G code.

So if I loose cut anywhere, the only place I can re start is on the very first part unless I go back to sheetcam & disable all parts up to the current one & run post process again

More
09 Dec 2018 21:17 #122115 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Oxy/Fuel table
It was suggested that you enter the freedrate manually in the MDI window before restarting.

You could also consider modifying the OnNewPart() function in the post processor file to insert the feedrate but that won't help if you want to restart mid part.

Something like this should insert the feedrate
post.ModalNumber (" F", feedRate* scale, "0.0###")
The following user(s) said Thank You: w4swasey

More
09 Dec 2018 22:07 #122118 by islander261
This is expected behavior with a modal feed rate. This isn't a problem with plasma because the plunge feed rate is not the same as the linear feed rate. Because of using the ramp plunge on the leadin there is no separate plunge move.

Edit the post as above and you will get the feed rate in every linear move (G01) move.

John

More
09 Dec 2018 22:08 #122119 by w4swasey

It was suggested that you enter the freedrate manually in the MDI window before restarting.

You could also consider modifying the OnNewPart() function in the post processor file to insert the feedrate but that won't help if you want to restart mid part.

Something like this should insert the feedrate
post.ModalNumber (" F", feedRate* scale, "0.0###")

I want to thank everyone for the input... Thing is I understand almost nothing about changing or modifying a post processor. I envy you guys that understand it.

Some of my problem is I'm vision impaired. I find it very hard to read these days without a good bit of magnification. Lost my one good eye about 4 years ago. I just refuse to give up & be labeled "disabled".

I used to be able to pick up a tech or service manual to just about anything & figure it out on my own.

More
09 Dec 2018 22:33 #122120 by islander261
Ok

Please find attached modified post.

G64 sets the tracking tolerance for your moves, if you don't use it you will get rounded corners because the feed rate won't slow for corners, the line from your post is:

G64 P0.010 Q0.001 (tracking tolerances set to 0.01)

John
Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds