just another plasma build and then some :)

More
07 Apr 2020 04:13 - 07 Apr 2020 04:14 #163014 by thefabricator03
The machining is looking good,

I ordered one of these,
www.machineryhouse.com.au/Q670

They are only a cheapie but I will see how it goes.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2020 04:14 by thefabricator03.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2020 04:33 #163016 by machinedude
would be good to know for sure how they work on a water table application.

after 10 months of work the curiosity got the better of me on the machining aspect of this project :) considering the mini mills on the original base only had 9"of travel on the X axis and 4" on the Y axis my version is better :) at 50"+ x 99" :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
10 Apr 2020 05:04 #163445 by thefabricator03
So I tested out the refractometer,

It defiantly work for the solution I am using, showing a reading of just under 2 for my table fluid.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, machinedude

More
10 Apr 2020 21:01 - 10 Apr 2020 21:02 #163530 by machinedude
i'm glad that idea worked out.

i tried my different drive ratio but it ended up being worse than before but while i was putting things back to how they were i noticed some run out on the coupling so i fixed that and when i put it back together i was getting traverse speeds i could live with. the acceleration is still slow but a big improvement over what i had before. now i am getting about 400 IMP across the board.

Last edit: 10 Apr 2020 21:02 by machinedude.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
10 Apr 2020 22:57 #163536 by tommylight
Doing some peck drilling, nice.

More
10 Apr 2020 23:12 #163538 by machinedude
pecking air but at least is moving better :)

More
16 Apr 2020 23:37 #164211 by machinedude
building a mold frame around the skeleton frame is turning out to be a lot of work :) i'm looking at somewhere around 175 different panels to assemble on this thing. the good news is i started making them and they go pretty quickly with the CNC. if i was to make these on the manual mill i would be working another 10 months on these :)

More
18 Apr 2020 13:18 #164454 by machinedude
the more i mess with this thing the more i want to close the loop on the electronics of this build. i have been kicking it around in my head for a while but glass scales for feed back seems like a direction i want to go.

quick question. if you add glass linear scales to provide feedback does that get rid of the need for compensation in software for backlash or screw mapping? any kind of software comp really bogs down on performance. being that i have belt drives on the x and y axis it introduces backlash into the mechanics of the machine. right now i have HTD belts and they are middle of the road on performance in the backlash department.about .003 imperial is about what to expect and the GT series of belt would be top of the line since they are rated at around .001 in the backlash department. things get a little more off when you start stacking error in the system. ball screw + belts add more error.

acceleration is key for plasma so if i have any hope of adding that down the road i can't have pauses in positioning. so any feed back is welcomed here :)

More
21 Apr 2020 08:22 #164931 by machinedude
came across this and this is exactly what was thinking i need. i seen he ran the db9 connection from the linear encoder to a 7i85 s Mesa board but have not figured out what else is needed?

More
21 Apr 2020 11:42 #164944 by tommylight

................. but have not figured out what else is needed?

Lots and lots of coffee ! :)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds