New build, small plasma that got to be very complicated build.

More
11 Nov 2019 11:46 #150096 by tommylight
Sorry, but i had to change the designation of this machine, changed the head so now it is an engraver for making pictures on Granite, Marble, Stone, Glass, Plastic, Wood, whatever with a hard surface as it uses diamond tips spinning at 30000 RPM.
Came up nicely. Just ned to bend some plastic for the Z axis cover.

Most probably by tomorrow this time it will be gone and in a week it will look dusty!
Moving on to the next project........whatever that might be, maybe a cnc plasma tube cutter ? Have not done one of those in over a year.
Regards,
Tom.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 11:51 #150098 by pl7i92
that is always a sad time if you build some weeks on a beleved very good mashine and then it goes out the shopdor without a simple cut done

More
11 Nov 2019 12:32 #150105 by rodw
Tommy, can you explain how the engraving head is set up?

More
11 Nov 2019 13:53 #150111 by tommylight

that is always a sad time if you build some weeks on a beleved very good mashine and then it goes out the shopdor without a simple cut done

This one did no cutting, but it did some nice pictures on black Marble ! :) And they look even better on black Granite, marble (this that i am using) has a lot of quartz and silicium so not the best canvas.
Here is a video of it during testing and tuning, so not yet at the best it can do. Now it does even better pictures with more details.

More
11 Nov 2019 14:07 #150113 by tommylight

Tommy, can you explain how the engraving head is set up?

Will start a new topic about it, it's about time.
Here you go:
forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/37784...-or-any-hard-surface
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds