Opening folders and list of materials does not work

More
27 Aug 2019 04:25 #143274 by rodw
Gee, I wish I had a Phill around when I set up my machine. I had to work out all my stuffups the hard way on my own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2019 04:29 #143275 by phillc54

Gee, I wish I had a Phill around when I set up my machine. I had to work out all my stuffups the hard way on my own!

HaHa, me too. ;)

Hey Rod I meant to tell you that a good place to keep your custom HAL stuff is the connections.hal file as that doesn't get overwritten by the configurator.

More
27 Aug 2019 05:14 #143278 by rodw
Thanks Phill, but that does not work for me as I already use half a dozen pins Plasmac claims So I need to unwind what I have done and use the plasmac pins. I'll do it one day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
27 Aug 2019 05:17 #143280 by phillc54
No worries, if you want a hand yell out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
28 Aug 2019 07:38 - 28 Aug 2019 07:38 #143408 by thefabricator03

For you Guys having a problem opening files in the Axis GUI the following entry in your INI file in the [DISPLAY] section should fix it:
CYCLE_TIME = 0.05

Phill,

I am not a programmer but I am trying to learn a bit so I can get some robotic software developed,

How did you find out that adding the above line of code to the ini file would solve our problem with browsing files through AXIS's file menu?

Also can we add that line to future PlasmaC Axis releases?
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 07:38 by thefabricator03.

More
28 Aug 2019 07:46 #143411 by phillc54
When i did the config for KRAD_AT I went through line by line with a sim config to note the differences and saw that in his config the CYCLE_TIME was missing. I then went through the Axis source code and saw the default was 0.02 seconds. I tried different numbers and it was consistently working at 0.04 so 0.05 should be safe. I do all mine at 0.10 and it seems OK. I Tried a non PlasmaC sim and it worked at 0.02 so I guess with all the add ons to Axis it slows it down a bit. Gmoccapy default to 0.15 so it's still quicker than that.

Yes, I have already added it for new installs.

BTW did it fix it for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03

More
28 Aug 2019 08:53 #143417 by thefabricator03
Yes it did, Thank you

More
28 Aug 2019 08:57 #143419 by phillc54

Yes it did, Thank you

Next question.

I have managed to get the Pierce/Cut buttons working on Gmoccapy like they do on Axis. There is a difference in that when a new program is loaded it resets back to Pierce & Cut mode regardless of where it was. I would like to do the same on Axis so it keeps the code and documentation similar. Is that a problem for you if I do that?

More
28 Aug 2019 09:03 #143421 by thefabricator03

Yes it did, Thank you

Next question.

I have managed to get the Pierce/Cut buttons working on Gmoccapy like they do on Axis. There is a difference in that when a new program is loaded it resets back to Pierce & Cut mode regardless of where it was. I would like to do the same on Axis so it keeps the code and documentation similar. Is that a problem for you if I do that?

What do you mean by it resets back to pierce and cut mode? Are you saying when I load a program it loads into pierce and cut mode? If that is the case it would be a problem for me with my guys using the machine. I try to dumb down the operation so they understand it as much as possible and if they were to load a program and it is default in pierce and cut mode they would probably run the program the way it was loaded, Most jobs I do are under 16mm so I dont really need it to be the default.

More
28 Aug 2019 09:07 - 28 Aug 2019 09:20 #143422 by phillc54
Pierce & Cut is the standard mode.

Pierce Only is when the button is orange.

EDIT: See what it does here when it loads a new program.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 09:20 by phillc54.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds