Started Getting Valid Arc Lost Error

More
16 Apr 2020 17:53 #164177 by alexandrub

Set the OK high volts to a higher value.

Where i find it? In config menu i didnt find. I see in the plasmac documentation 2 picture wiht the config tab. One with arc ok min max and one without. I have the version without.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2020 17:59 #164180 by tommylight
Can you do some test cuts, some lines and some round or square ones, short ones will do?
Check if it does that on lines also.

More
16 Apr 2020 18:11 #164183 by alexandrub
Until now just on little circle 5mm dia and 10mm dia. I cut small square 10x3mm and didnt do.

More
16 Apr 2020 18:16 - 16 Apr 2020 18:17 #164185 by tommylight
What thickness ? What speed ?
That might be to short of a distance, as THC has a 1.5 second delay before it starts taking control. If the cuts are such a short duration, that might be it.
You can try the 10mm ones with a slower cut speed.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2020 18:17 by tommylight. Reason: More info

More
16 Apr 2020 19:02 #164189 by alexandrub
2mm with 5000mm/min but not reached more than 1700mm because the travel is short. I disabled the thc from config but with same result. I drop the amperage from 45 to 30. The valid arc lost was more rare.

More
16 Apr 2020 19:36 #164196 by tommylight
That seems to be the problem, to short of a cut and to fast, so the cut is over before THC takes control.
In the config panel, under THC, there is Delay, can you set that to 0.5 and test, set it to 0.1 and test again.

More
16 Apr 2020 19:46 #164198 by alexandrub
Ok. I will test tomorrow and report.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
17 Apr 2020 13:17 #164269 by alexandrub
Yesterday, I tried to cut round galvanized pipe( one row of 5mm hole). At 45A was more arc lost, at 30A valid arc lost was rarely. The THC delay was at 0.5s. Today I made some test with 2mm middle metal steel sheet.at different amperage. I made some round hole 5mm dia; the max speed reached was 1400mm/min. I tried with delay 0,5s and everything was ok. At 0,1s the valid arc lost was at start. Were can i find a material tabel for powermax 45xp to havea base where to go with tests? If I try the settings from manual dont work ok and I have dross on the back.

Thank You.

More
18 Apr 2020 09:52 #164435 by rodw

Yesterday, I tried to cut round galvanized pipe( one row of 5mm hole). At 45A was more arc lost, at 30A valid arc lost was rarely. The THC delay was at 0.5s. Today I made some test with 2mm middle metal steel sheet.at different amperage. I made some round hole 5mm dia; the max speed reached was 1400mm/min. I tried with delay 0,5s and everything was ok. At 0,1s the valid arc lost was at start. Were can i find a material tabel for powermax 45xp to havea base where to go with tests? If I try the settings from manual dont work ok and I have dross on the back.

Thank You.

The laws of physics says you can't get to book cutting speed on small holes and short cuts. You don't have infinite acceleration.

Please if you have a 45XP or any other machine with an ArcOK signal as part of its CNC interface, take the time to wire it up and use Plasmac Mode 1 or 2 depending on your THC hardware. You will save that time chasing errors needlessly

You can't really expect t cut a 10mm x 3mm part with a plasma torch. You could be losing the arc becasue you burn all the material away. The same might apply for 5mm hole. The best method to deal with small holes (<10mm maybe) is to spot the hole centre and turn the torch off as soon as you get an ArcOK. I think Plasmac has a method to do this.

More
18 Apr 2020 13:49 #164457 by alexandrub
The arc ok from powermax is wired. I use the signal from plasma. I use mesa thcad 10.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds