Started Getting Valid Arc Lost Error

More
18 Apr 2020 14:16 #164461 by rodw
Great news. But it still comes back to trying to do something that is really on the edge of whats reasonable. You should stick to 30 amps and maybe slow the feed rate back to 1500. Assuming you are holding the pipe in a 4th rotary axis there is no need for a THC as the height can't vary. But if you are cutting the pipe sitting on the table, the arc may be lost as the height is changing. YOu need to do it in a rotary axis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2020 14:24 #164464 by alexandrub
I dont have yet a rotary axes, but i was thinking the thc works when the arc move up or down. I make only a straight row of holes and the difference between upper part was max 1mm. I lose the arc at the end of the cut, maybe when the hole material drop. You are wright, at 30 amp the arc lost was rarely.

More
18 Apr 2020 20:29 #164506 by rodw
1 mm change in height represents a 10 volt change in arc voltage.
Your cut height is 1.5mm by the manual
The torch is not perpendicular to the surface
The voltage peak on piercing has probably not fallen back to cut height by the time your cut is over
There are many things against you. Best solution is to spot the holes and drill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 Apr 2020 23:03 #164536 by tommylight
That is a nice advice.
Anyway you look at it, doing small holes on a plasma is not very usable after about 3mm of thickness, i always advise my client not to bother with anything under 30mm, just so i do not get calls about "fuzzy" shaped holes ! :)

More
18 May 2020 12:38 - 19 May 2020 07:22 #168144 by Clive S
started new post
Last edit: 19 May 2020 07:22 by Clive S. Reason: started new post

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds