More Z-Axis Issues

More
30 Oct 2019 02:38 #149104 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic More Z-Axis Issues

No not every cut but each time it fails, the part it was cutting falls into the water pan. So I know that it actually finished the cut.

If it finished the cut then a M5 should have been issued and the ac should be off. Do you have a value for ArcOff Delay, depending on you version it will be in either the Config Panel or the Run Panel.

I think I know what the issue is. My post processor saves the files with a .tap extension. It appears that the g-code parser is looking for .ngc files. Maybe it is sneaking past validation because it has a different extension?

Yes, that makes sense...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 02:49 #149106 by MakingStuff
Replied by MakingStuff on topic More Z-Axis Issues

Do you have a value for ArcOff Delay

I think what is happening is that the piece falls out into the water pan while the torch is still on (before the M05 is executed). I tried setting the Arc off Delay with no luck. But when I went back out to shop to check and see if the z-axis was commented out I noticed the value was back to zero. I think I may have hit the wrong Save button when I changed it to 0.5 seconds.

I read the documentation and it seemed to me that the arc off delay would delay the execution of the M05 command leaving the torch on a little bit longer at the end of each cut which is opposite of what I need. Did I read it wrong?

More
30 Oct 2019 02:52 #149107 by phillc54
No, you read it correctly. If you had a value I was going to suggest that you set it to zero.

Realistically if the part is in the water then the torch should have been off long ago.

As I said, it doesn't make sense.

More
30 Oct 2019 02:59 #149109 by MakingStuff
I changed my post processor to save the file with .ngc extension so the g-code parser will run. I have also removed the z-axis commands in the post processor. I will run the file again tomorrow and see if it works any better.

Is there anything that could cause the piece to fall off prematurely? Such as a wide kerf from the plasma cutter?

More
30 Oct 2019 03:04 #149111 by phillc54

I changed my post processor to save the file with .ngc extension so the g-code parser will run. I have also removed the z-axis commands in the post processor.

I have added .tap into the ini file and will push an update.

Is there anything that could cause the piece to fall off prematurely? Such as a wide kerf from the plasma cutter?

I wouldn't have thought so, maybe someone with more experience will notice this and chime in...

More
30 Oct 2019 07:32 #149129 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic More Z-Axis Issues

Long lead out .

More
30 Oct 2019 17:42 #149196 by MakingStuff

Long lead out .

I don't have any lead out specified in Sheet Cam.

More
30 Oct 2019 17:54 #149197 by MakingStuff
I used my edited post processor that does not generate z-axis codes and also names the file with .ngc extension. I get the error shown in the attachment when loading the g-code into LinuxCNC. Sorry it's not good quality. I had to snap the picture with my phone.

Since the .ngc file would not load, I renamed the file back to .tap so it would bypass the parser and ran it in LinuxCNC without any z-axis code. It still loses the arc signal at the end of some cuts and definitely does not resume after hitting the pause button. The only way to continue is to right click the next line of g-code and select Run From Here. It did not crash the z-axis this time, I have not run many parts to see if the omission of the z-axis codes will keep the z-axis from crashing but that part seems to be working so far.
Attachments:

More
30 Oct 2019 22:02 #149225 by phillc54
Yes, having no Z motion should stop the Z crashes. PlasmaC needs to do all the Z moves, if you have any coded Z moves then it will get confused as you have seen.

Can you post the ngc file you got that error on and could you zip your config and post that as well.

When was the last time you updated?

More
30 Oct 2019 22:08 - 30 Oct 2019 22:09 #149226 by MakingStuff

When was the last time you updated?

About 10 days ago.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2019 22:09 by MakingStuff.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds