More Z-Axis Issues

More
20 Nov 2019 01:00 #150704 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic More Z-Axis Issues
Increase the Fail Timeout in the Arc frame of the Config panel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2019 01:22 #150708 by MakingStuff
Replied by MakingStuff on topic More Z-Axis Issues

Increase the Fail Timeout in the Arc frame of the Config panel.

That value is set to 1.5 seconds. I turned off the plasma cutter and tried to run the program and it is waiting the full 1.5 seconds before it fails. So there is something else going on here. I'm not sure what to try next.

If I hit the torch pulse button, the torch comes on for a full second at 125V and the arc ok light comes on. The 125V is exactly what I was expecting to see. So I know the voltage divider is working.

Any ideas?

More
20 Nov 2019 02:13 #150710 by phillc54
Is PlasmaC in the correct mode?

More
20 Nov 2019 02:13 #150711 by MakingStuff
Ok I think I found the problem. I had the pierce height set to .150 which is what the Hypertherm cut sheet suggests. If I change the pierce height to 0.75 the torch will light and it will cut my test piece.

More
20 Nov 2019 02:16 #150712 by phillc54
It may be worthwhile to do some probe tests and check that the height is correct. It retracts to Probe Height after a probe test.

More
20 Nov 2019 02:25 #150713 by MakingStuff

It may be worthwhile to do some probe tests and check that the height is correct. It retracts to Probe Height after a probe test.

Ok I'll double check it tomorrow. I set it yesterday but something may have changed since then. I've already put everything away for the night. I did build a new floating z-axis because this machine has a machine torch and it wouldn't fit in the old z-axis.

Also this plasma cutter seems to have a much higher air flow than the old one. Is there a way to move the torch to the top when the program is finished so it does not splash out so much water? Right now at the end of the program it moves to the z-top and then back down to the cut height. I'm still using your post processor. My old processor would park the torch at the z-max height at the end of a program.

More
20 Nov 2019 02:39 #150715 by phillc54
It will park the torch at the Z height the job was started at.

If you set your machine up so Z home is almost the top of Z and don't do any manual Z moves then that is where the torch will end up at the end of each job
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
20 Nov 2019 21:57 #150803 by MakingStuff

I did some more testing with it today. Not sure if I was using the probe test correctly. I think I had the travel height set too high. I lowered the travel height and also increased the pulse time. This seems to have fixed most of the aborted starts. Every now and then it will abort a start, but if I hit resume it normally continues. I think I'm ready to try some larger cuts.

More
20 Nov 2019 22:22 #150804 by phillc54
If you have
BUTTON_n_CODE = probe-test 30
in your ini file then when you press the probe test button it will probe down then when it finds the material it will retract to the Pierce Hight set in the Cut Parameters of the Run Panel. It will then wait for 30 seconds, so you can measure the height then it will retract to the starting height.
If the measured height is incorrect then adjust either the Float Travel or Ohmic Probe Offset in the Config Panel depending on the sensing type you were using so that the measured height is correct.

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plas...de.html#button-probe

More
20 Nov 2019 23:29 - 20 Nov 2019 23:30 #150805 by MakingStuff

BUTTON_n_CODE = probe-test 30

That explains why I could not figure out what was going on. For some reason my ini file was set to BUTTON_n_CODE = probe-test 3. I changed the value to 30 and now I've got the height set dead on.
Last edit: 20 Nov 2019 23:30 by MakingStuff.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds