Plasmac Gcode documentation

More
01 Jun 2020 06:38 #169616 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac Gcode documentation

Did you do a make clean?

Nah, I have not done that for quite a while! It just says I have to clean up my revised component and get it into master!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2020 06:42 #169618 by phillc54
You could set up a script to do it all automagically but I really think you need to set up a github repo and then put in a PR.

More
01 Jun 2020 07:01 #169621 by rodw
Yes you are right. I will eventually. Just keeping everything in sync scares me. I'm not retired like you :(

Until recently it was better to stay within the boundaries of plasmac and get you to make the changes.

But as I have pushed a few more boundaries, its hard to hack into Plasmac configs as its a very centralist paradigm. Adding some pins to plasmac.comp to allow third party enhancements would be quite useful I think.

eg. The now defunct hpid.comp Dewey wrote had several pins to enable the THC via various external functions which were or2'ed together internally. Just one external hold pin would be helpful as it would avoid some awfully complex unlinkp's to avoid changing the defaults but I gave up recently and found I had to modify a screen handler file.

More
01 Jun 2020 09:39 #169637 by phillc54

Yes you are right. I will eventually. Just keeping everything in sync scares me. I'm not retired like you.

Honestly it is easy. I was doing it long before this permanent long weekend. :)

More
01 Jun 2020 11:20 #169649 by tommylight

I'm not retired like you :(

What is this "retired" you speak about? Is it something to spread on toasted bred ? :)

More
01 Jun 2020 20:07 #169708 by rodw

What is this "retired" you speak about? Is it something to spread on toasted bred ? :)

No we Aussies use Vegemite!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
01 Jun 2020 20:46 #169712 by tommylight

No we Aussies use Vegemite!

Now i am really lost ! :)

More
02 Jun 2020 04:16 #169765 by phillc54

But as I have pushed a few more boundaries, its hard to hack into Plasmac configs as its a very centralist paradigm. Adding some pins to plasmac.comp to allow third party enhancements would be quite useful I think.

It seems a bit silly to add ?? amount of pins to a component on the off chance someone wants to change things, that is what HAL is for.

eg. The now defunct hpid.comp Dewey wrote had several pins to enable the THC via various external functions which were or2'ed together internally. Just one external hold pin would be helpful as it would avoid some awfully complex unlinkp's to avoid changing the defaults but I gave up recently and found I had to modify a screen handler file.

If you need to modify a screen handler then that is because of the GUI config rather than the component.

More
02 Jun 2020 09:15 #169779 by rodw
Thats the problem. the GUI is pure Plasmac too so its not a good idea to to alter the GUI handlers as it complicates upgrades.

A single external THC-hold pin would allow any external program to override the existing Plasmac enable/disable THC without the hal gymnastics that I found is required now.

More
02 Jun 2020 09:33 #169784 by phillc54
But you would need to write HAL code anyhow so it just another line to unlink the existing pin.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds