Plasmac Gcode documentation

More
31 May 2020 08:22 #169488 by rodw
Phill, I wonder if the docs could be reorganised so that all plasmac specific gcode commands could be all placed together in the one continuous section in the docs?

When I go through the docs, they are mostly together but then there is a section about the shape library and back to more gcode stuff. So somebody reading the docs to write post processor will be forced to go all over the place.

It actually makes me wonder if there should not be a seperate shorter gcode reference for plasmac.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2020 08:24 #169490 by thefabricator03

It actually makes me wonder if there should not be a seperate shorter gcode reference for plasmac.

I would think that could be added to the appendix?

More
31 May 2020 08:26 #169491 by phillc54
Yeah, it is probably not a bad idea. The doc sort of just grew and grew and grew...

More
31 May 2020 10:03 #169500 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac Gcode documentation
Yeh, I had a bit of a go at it tonight. I can email this so you can edit it.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, Clive S, snowgoer540

More
31 May 2020 10:08 #169501 by phillc54
Thanks Rod. Plain text would be fine as it needs to be converted to asciidoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
01 Jun 2020 04:59 #169608 by phillc54

Phill, I wonder if the docs could be reorganised so that all plasmac specific gcode commands could be all placed together in the one continuous section in the docs?

When I go through the docs, they are mostly together but then there is a section about the shape library and back to more gcode stuff. So somebody reading the docs to write post processor will be forced to go all over the place.

Just pushed the additions Rod, thanks for putting it together.

forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/37233-plasmac-updates#169606
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
01 Jun 2020 05:37 #169609 by rodw
Phill you talked about an appendix but I think you just put it all together in the THC section. Is that what you did or do I have to wait for buildbot?

More
01 Jun 2020 05:46 #169610 by phillc54
Yeah, you need to wait for Buildbot to update the packages then upload the packages and docs.

More
01 Jun 2020 06:16 #169612 by rodw
I was actually cursing you and your post processor today when I went to cut some parts.
So I recompiled master branch to get the changed M5 to work and for some reason lost my hypersensing. Then I halcompiled my component and all was good. In the past you would get a load error for the missing custom component now you don't. It must leave the old binary in situ now but it is broken until it is halcompiled again.

More
01 Jun 2020 06:18 #169613 by phillc54
Did you do a make clean?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds