Plasmac Gcode documentation

More
02 Jun 2020 10:39 #169794 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac Gcode documentation
nah its more than that because you would not want to just take over the pin you want to share it with Plasmac, so you have to unlinkp, then or 2 your pin when you find the right one. I just found it a fairly complex exercise easy to stuff up (which I did!)

Mind you, my config is probably the most complex plasma table around and getting my hal files to play with plasmac was not trivial to start with..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2020 12:05 #169797 by phillc54
I guess it is a couple more but not too difficult and could all be in the postgui HAL file.
loadrt or2 names=thc-disable-or2
addf thc-disable-or2 servo-thread
unlinkp plasmac.thc-disable
net plasmac:thc-disable-0 thc-disable-or2.in0
net plasmac:thc-disable-1 your-thc-disable-pin thc-disable-or2.in1
net thc-enable-out thc-disable-or2.out plasmac.thc-disable

More
02 Jun 2020 12:31 #169798 by tommylight
Hmm, me again, i still do not understand why would someone want to disable the THC for any reasonable reason, yet PlasmaC has 3 different ways of disabling it, and this is the fourth !!!
Icelander did try to explain why one would need it disabled, but i never got it as reasonable.
The most important feature on any plasma machine is the THC, so why on earth would someone disable it.
Consider me baffled!

More
02 Jun 2020 17:53 #169841 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac Gcode documentation

Hmm, me again, i still do not understand why would someone want to disable the THC for any reasonable reason, yet PlasmaC has 3 different ways of disabling it, and this is the fourth !!!

Well the most obvious is for kerf/void crossing which is what I'm working on..
One day, I will know the arc radius from within hal which might be another use case. (When I know how to get to the state tags data)

More
02 Jun 2020 17:56 #169842 by tommylight

Well the most obvious is for kerf/void crossing which is what I'm working on..
One day, I will know the arc radius from within hal which might be another use case. (When I know how to get to the state tags data)

Yes, that is a reasonable reason.
:blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds