Using Powermax with RS485

More
29 Jun 2020 12:04 #173076 by snowgoer540

I have ordered an odroid so it will be interesting to see how I go.

Interesting! Definitely keep us posted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2020 12:52 - 29 Jun 2020 12:57 #173080 by tommylight

.............. but really we are custodians of a brand and its up to us all to keep that brand moving forward. What we've done over the last couple of years has really hurt the brand.

I have to agree, and that is the reason i spend so much time figuring out the easy way to install LinuxCNC on Linux Mint since Chris got the green light to use it, and Debian since some users are attached to it for any number of reasons.
But i did make a mistake with the Mint distro as i never added the 2.8 repo to the info, so going to fix that now.
Edit: already fixed.
Also starting a topic on what should be included with the release, since i do not care any more for the QT stuff (Very nice GUI's, but to many issues making them work), but would be nice to have Freecad and Inkscape as they both have CAM included.
Last edit: 29 Jun 2020 12:57 by tommylight. Reason: More info
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, Aciera

More
29 Jun 2020 13:24 #173085 by snowgoer540

Mint distro

Wait... there's a Mint distro now?

More
29 Jun 2020 13:38 #173086 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Using Powermax with RS485

As you well know, master is the development branch and is liable to be broken from time to time. Released branches are irrelevant to that.

But it was never intended that there should be two release branches. who ever heard of such a thing?

More
29 Jun 2020 14:04 #173090 by tommylight

Mint distro

Yup there is for some years now, and there is a Mint distro with LinuxCNC included made by Beagle. Link is on the quick and easy LinuxCNC install on Linux Mint topic, in the "installing LinuxCNC category near the top of the forum.

More
29 Jun 2020 14:06 #173093 by snowgoer540

Mint distro

Yup there is for some years now, and there is a Mint distro with LinuxCNC included made by Beagle. Link is on the quick and easy LinuxCNC install on Linux Mint topic, in the "installing LinuxCNC category near the top of the forum.

Right but I thought beagles distro only included master, not 2.8...

More
29 Jun 2020 14:07 #173094 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Using Powermax with RS485
It's 2.8

More
29 Jun 2020 14:11 #173095 by tommylight

Right but I thought beagles distro only included master, not 2.8...

It has 2.8. My howto had only instructions for master, but i did correct that for Mint and Debian, i think......

More
29 Jun 2020 14:11 #173096 by snowgoer540

It's 2.8

He must have changed it. The iso I have is 2.9, and at the time he was adamant about using master.

Interesting.

More
29 Jun 2020 23:30 #173154 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Using Powermax with RS485

As you well know, master is the development branch and is liable to be broken from time to time. Released branches are irrelevant to that.

But it was never intended that there should be two release branches. who ever heard of such a thing?

If you actually read what I wrote, you would see that i wasn't condoning two release branches, I was just stating that master can be broken and that is the risk of using it.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds