HAL Question

More
01 Jul 2020 23:08 #173359 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic HAL Question

I think that is all part of the ohmic component.

This line:
net plasmac:ohmic-enable plasmac.ohmic-enable => ohmicsense.is-probing
connects the plasmac.ohmic-enable output pin to the ohmic component. This pin should go True when you do an ohmic test. From there the ohmic component handles everything.

I do know that ohmicsense.is-probing does go true when I am probing, or when i click ohmic test...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2020 23:15 #173363 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic HAL Question
OK, it looks like you will need Rod to help you.

More
02 Jul 2020 08:09 #173383 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic HAL Question

Sorry but I have my machine in pieces for another few days so I can't help much. Ohmic2 is still a work in progress and it not 100% reliable.

There should be some thresholds set via a setp command and I'm not seeing that is included in your connections.hal

But before that, you need to make sure that you are seeing the encoder velocity change with hal show, then make sure you can see the voltage in halshow when the torch touches the material.

I'm also not sure how it handles Phill's new fast probing.

More
02 Jul 2020 10:13 - 02 Jul 2020 10:40 #173389 by snowgoer540

Sorry but I have my machine in pieces for another few days so I can't help much. Ohmic2 is still a work in progress and it not 100% reliable.

There should be some thresholds set via a setp command and I'm not seeing that is included in your connections.hal

But before that, you need to make sure that you are seeing the encoder velocity change with hal show, then make sure you can see the voltage in halshow when the torch touches the material.

I'm also not sure how it handles Phill's new fast probing.

I think maybe my question got lost in the replies somewhere...

The problem I am having isnt with ohmic probing itself, it's with hooking the HAL pins to turn the relay on to turn the power supply on, so it's not on all the time anymore. It should turn the relay on when the probe cycle starts, currently I can not get it to, and ohmic:power never changes states in the HAL watch.

Really I'm not sure why it has to be done through ohimc:power, it would seem like it could be set up so that ohimicsense.is-probing turns the relay on. But again, I dont really understand the HAL, or why it is tied to ohimc:power in your HAL example. I am not sure if I am missing something or what?

Maybe you used this line as code to do something else, and I just assumed that it was for turning the relay on and off (copied from your spaceship.hal:
net ohmic:power => hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-11
Last edit: 02 Jul 2020 10:40 by snowgoer540.

More
02 Jul 2020 10:37 #173391 by snowgoer540

There is... "setp ohmicsense.ohmic-threshold 23.5"

Below is the snippet involving ohmic from my plasmac_connections file.
# ---OHMIC signals---
#0V = 139.8 KHz
#5v = 953.9 KHz
setp hm2_5i25.0.encoder.01.scale -1
setp hm2_5i25.0.encoder.01.counter-mode 1
setp hm2_5i25.0.encoder.01.filter 1

loadrt ohmic2 names=ohmicsense
addf ohmicsense servo-thread

setp ohmicsense.thcad-0-volt-freq    139800
setp ohmicsense.thcad-max-volt-freq  953900
setp ohmicsense.thcad-divide         32
setp ohmicsense.thcad-fullscale      5
setp ohmicsense.volt-divider         4.9
setp ohmicsense.ohmic-threshold      23.5
setp ohmicsense.ohmic-low            21.5
setp ohmicsense.mode                 1 
setp ohmicsense.num-readings         10
net ohmic-vel ohmicsense.velocity-in <= hm2_5i25.0.encoder.01.velocity
unlinkp debounce.0.2.in
net ohmic-true ohmicsense.ohmic-on => debounce.0.2.in
net plasmac:ohmic-enable plasmac.ohmic-enable => ohmicsense.is-probing
net ohmic:type  <= motion.motion-type
net ohmic:type  => ohmicsense.motion-type-in
net ohmic:power <= ohmicsense.power-on
net ohmic:power => hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.output-01

More
02 Jul 2020 10:44 - 02 Jul 2020 10:45 #173393 by snowgoer540
One thing I do see in the ohmic2.comp is this line:
pin out bit power_on                     "Turn relay on with this pin";

and the line from the .hal is:
net ohmic:power <= ohmicsense.power-on

does it need to be ohmicsense.power_on (instead of power-on)

it shows up again with ohmicsense.is-probing, in the .comp it's listed as ohmicsense.is_probing ??
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jul 2020 10:45 by snowgoer540. Reason: added ohmic2.comp for anyone who wises to look at it...

More
02 Jul 2020 10:55 #173395 by rodw
What I was trying to do was to turn the ohmic sensing circuit on when the machine started to run a job and off at the end of it to prevent any corrosion of consumables inside the torch if the machine is left powered on. The trouble is I could not use the spindle on pin (which is normally how its done) because ohmic runs before the spindle turns on. So it got a bit messy.

Thats why I decided to use motion.motion-type and power on if it was not zero so I needed to add some code to output a bit pin type. See
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

I did this cos earlier sometimes the circuit was not powered when probing.

More
02 Jul 2020 11:09 #173400 by snowgoer540

What I was trying to do was to turn the ohmic sensing circuit on when the machine started to run a job and off at the end of it to prevent any corrosion of consumables inside the torch if the machine is left powered on. The trouble is I could not use the spindle on pin (which is normally how its done) because ohmic runs before the spindle turns on. So it got a bit messy.

Thats why I decided to use motion.motion-type and power on if it was not zero so I needed to add some code to output a bit pin type. See
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

I did this cos earlier sometimes the circuit was not powered when probing.

So does that mean it only comes on when you are actually running an NC program?

My current problem is that pressing the Ohmic test button, and/or running a probe test do not turn that pin on... but they probably should.

More
02 Jul 2020 12:45 #173407 by rodw
Supposedly. But Plasmac breaks so many NC rules....
The probe enable switch was designed to turn the relay based system off when not probing to avoid any chance of arc voltage doing bad things to the electronics. You could check for a shorted torch (generally from water) by pressing that button before running a job. If the ArcOK light came on, you had a problem.

Hypersensing makes the isolation relay redundant due to the overvoltage protection of the THCAD and also the isolation of the power supply.
Plus the added resistor suggested by PCW and revised sensing algorithm means there is no need to connect an isolation relay to test ArcOK. It will be visible anyway if its stuck on. This is one of the things I wanted to improve on.. I wanted it to be on while cutting becasue it can sense if an arc is on but I am not sure what it could be used for..

More
02 Jul 2020 12:51 #173410 by snowgoer540

Supposedly. But Plasmac breaks so many NC rules....
The probe enable switch was designed to turn the relay based system off when not probing to avoid any chance of arc voltage doing bad things to the electronics. You could check for a shorted torch (generally from water) by pressing that button before running a job. If the ArcOK light came on, you had a problem.

Hypersensing makes the isolation relay redundant due to the overvoltage protection of the THCAD and also the isolation of the power supply.
Plus the added resistor suggested by PCW and revised sensing algorithm means there is no need to connect an isolation relay to test ArcOK. It will be visible anyway if its stuck on. This is one of the things I wanted to improve on.. I wanted it to be on while cutting becasue it can sense if an arc is on but I am not sure what it could be used for..

I'm not really following, I think we are talking about two different things here. All I really want is the relay controlling the 24v power supply to be off unless the need for ohmic sensing is called upon. Be it NC program running, Ohmic Test, or Probe test. Currently I cant get that to happen. The power supply can stay on while the program is running. I'm not trying to isolate the circuit with a relay.

In the other thread, we decided that ohmic test and pulsing the torch would solve the water intrusion problem. But currently I cant get ohmic:power to change with neither the test button nor the probe test button.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds