Cut rules

More
27 Jul 2020 23:45 #176169 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Cut rules

[I'm still a bit fuzzy on the difference between synchronized with motion, and immediately.

From my understanding:
Synchronised means motion continues on it merry way and when the next G1/2/3 move after the M62/62 is reached it will enact that code.
Immediate means motion moves along then stops, the M64/65 is enacted then motion start again

EDIT: Also, one question about the VAD percentage, so it considers 100% feed rate the feed rate with no M67 applied? As opposed to 100% being when it reaches the commanded 60% of the material's feed rate... if that makes sense?

This is the percentage of the cut feed rate of the current material.

I think that makes perfect sense. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2020 02:11 #176204 by CBEAR
Replied by CBEAR on topic Cut rules
Thank you for all of the responses. I was using the 64 & 65 as I was unsure what synchronized with motion meant when I originally set up the cut rules. As far as the vad, that clears it up a lot for me. Thank you! I thought that it would go off of the programmed velocity and was thinking for example that I wanted a 250ipm speed to slow down to 80% in a corner that it would slow down to 200ipm and the thc wouldn't be disabled causing the torch to dive because it was technically supposed to run at 200iom. But since you say that it judges it off of the material speed, that makes a lot more sense. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, rodw

More
28 Jul 2020 02:17 - 28 Jul 2020 02:20 #176205 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Cut rules

Thank you for all of the responses. I was using the 64 & 65 as I was unsure what synchronized with motion meant when I originally set up the cut rules. As far as the vad, that clears it up a lot for me. Thank you! I thought that it would go off of the programmed velocity and was thinking for example that I wanted a 250ipm speed to slow down to 80% in a corner that it would slow down to 200ipm and the thc wouldn't be disabled causing the torch to dive because it was technically supposed to run at 200iom. But since you say that it judges it off of the material speed, that makes a lot more sense. Thank you.

There are some cut rules in with this postprocessor.
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38438-plasmac-post-processors#158270

You do need to be careful with sync and immediate. For instance you do need a G0/1/2/3 after a sync to make it happen. If you are say near the end of the file and there was no more motion then you would use immediate.

Edit: you can mix and match, so you could do a sync turn on and an immediate turn off.
Last edit: 28 Jul 2020 02:20 by phillc54.

More
28 Jul 2020 20:56 #176281 by CBEAR
You were correct, the m62 and m63 worked well, and did not interrupt fluid motion. The plasmac post doesn't appear to be able to see velocity slow down path rules at the moment. These are really important for a few different reasons, but it all pretty much boils down to allowing the arc to catch up at some key spots throughout a cut.

More
28 Jul 2020 21:21 #176283 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Cut rules

You were correct, the m62 and m63 worked well, and did not interrupt fluid motion. The plasmac post doesn't appear to be able to see velocity slow down path rules at the moment. These are really important for a few different reasons, but it all pretty much boils down to allowing the arc to catch up at some key spots throughout a cut.

Can you share some snippets of the generated gcode? The machine's acceleration has a big impact on some of this stuff.

More
28 Jul 2020 23:35 #176304 by phillc54

The plasmac post doesn't appear to be able to see velocity slow down path rules at the moment.

Could you post a rule that doesn't work.

More
29 Jul 2020 01:52 #176326 by CBEAR
I messed up/was confused. I didn't know that a code snippet was required to slow down cut rules. When I ran it in the simulation in sheetcam, it would show me that it was slowing down and coming back up to speed at the correct moments, but no code was being inserted to actually tell plasmac to do that as well. I will write a new set of cut rules this evening and try them out tomorrow morning. I'm wondering if I insert for example an m67 E3 Q60 if it will cause a momentary pause in motion like it does with an (immediate) thc on/off command (m64p2 & m65p2)

More
29 Jul 2020 01:56 #176328 by phillc54
M67 is synchronised so it should be OK, M68 is it immediate equivalent.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/gcode/m-code.html

More
29 Jul 2020 02:00 #176329 by CBEAR
Thank you for that documentation link! If I may ask, what is the point of an immediate vs. synchronized? Is there a certain scenerio where you would want motion to stop? Or is it usually just used in other machining practices?

More
29 Jul 2020 02:01 #176330 by phillc54
I have no clue but you would need immediate near the end of a file if there were no more motion moves.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds