Beginner Plasmac Questions

More
23 Aug 2020 07:05 #179074 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Beginner Plasmac Questions

The screenshot is from a Linux Mint 20 box, it runs.

I tried Stretch and Buster. It keeps telling me it can't find pyqt5 but it is there...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2020 07:23 #179075 by tommylight
Try the buster version from here, it should work:
pkgs.org/download/dxf2gcode

More
23 Aug 2020 07:53 #179078 by phillc54

Thanks Tom, it install and opens but it crashes on every dxf file I tried. I went back as far as release 12 DXF but still no go. I do remember using it years ago.

More
23 Aug 2020 09:46 - 23 Aug 2020 09:47 #179084 by hermann1976
Maby it is helpful:

Last edit: 23 Aug 2020 09:47 by hermann1976.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
23 Aug 2020 17:31 #179121 by AgentWD40
I'm trying to run a single cut from the Run tab, when I click start cut the z travels to it's soft max limit then stops and then does nothing. My buttons are greyed out and I have turn machine off and on again to get back control. I assume this has something to do with the fact that I don't have any z limit switches yet. Am I missing something or is it something I can get around until my z limits are installed?

Also, does the "probe test" automatically set the probe travel or is the probe travel something I have to do manually?

More
23 Aug 2020 17:46 #179122 by tommylight

Thanks Tom, it install and opens but it crashes on every dxf file I tried. I went back as far as release 12 DXF but still no go. I do remember using it years ago.

Are you certain those are 2D dxf files ? It will not open anything with 3D stuff in it.

More
23 Aug 2020 22:56 #179152 by phillc54

Are you certain those are 2D dxf files ? It will not open anything with 3D stuff in it.

Definitely, one is a circle and one is a rectangle. Both done in Qcad.

More
23 Aug 2020 23:00 #179153 by phillc54

I'm trying to run a single cut from the Run tab, when I click start cut the z travels to it's soft max limit then stops and then does nothing. My buttons are greyed out and I have turn machine off and on again to get back control. I assume this has something to do with the fact that I don't have any z limit switches yet. Am I missing something or is it something I can get around until my z limits are installed?

Does the machine Pause or Stop.
If you run LinuxCNC from a terminal do you get any error messages.

Also, does the "probe test" automatically set the probe travel or is the probe travel something I have to do manually?

Probe test uses the probe parameters from the Config panel. It will probe at the current X/Y coordinates. The only variable to set in the ini file is the probe time, see Probe Test here:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...de.html#_button_code

More
24 Aug 2020 11:50 #179233 by tommylight

Definitely, one is a circle and one is a rectangle. Both done in Qcad.

Have not use QCAD in quite a while, but when saving a dxf it should have a choice for saving it as an 2D autocad R14 version, that is the only version that worked with dxf2gcode when i was testing it some years ago.

More
24 Aug 2020 14:11 - 24 Aug 2020 15:10 #179244 by AgentWD40

Does the machine Pause or Stop.
If you run LinuxCNC from a terminal do you get any error messages.

Well I came back to it this morning and I have no idea why but it just worked... So yay!

First test cut using the extras panel attached below.

How do I get these parts to start at where I jog the torch to? When I hit run the machine insisted on starting from machine coord 0,0. I tried G92 X0 Y0 but that didn't work.

[EDIT]
Nevermind, I figured it out. Touchoff for x and y. For some reason I was just thinking the touchoff button was for z.
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Aug 2020 15:10 by AgentWD40.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds