Custom user Button Touchoff in Axis

More
28 Aug 2020 21:02 #179882 by EW_CNC
I am setting up a custom user button in Axis that would let me set X0 Y0 sheet touchoff in one button press.
I set it up two ways.

First in .ini file:
BUTTON_5_NAME = Touchoff\X0 Y0
BUTTON_5_CODE = G10 L20 P1 X0 Y0

Second in .ini file:
BUTTON_13_NAME = Touchoff
BUTTON_13_CODE = o<touchoff> call
touchoff .ngc
O<touchoff> sub
G20
g10 l20 p0 x0 y0
G53 G0 Z[5 - 0.25]
O<touchoff> endsub
M2

Both ways work, but I’m having one issue. If I have the program loaded first, it will set the coordinates to X0 Y0, but the display will not update to show the parts at actual position. Is there something that can be done to have it refresh the display? Is this just in Axis or does Gmoccapy perform the same?
What method are other users using?
EW
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2020 04:21 #179911 by phillc54
For Axis you could try:
g10 l20 p0 x0 y0 \ %axis-remote --reload
this will set the coordinates then reload the program which refreshes the preview.

I don't think there is a solution for Gmoccapy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EW_CNC

More
29 Aug 2020 07:47 #179920 by rodw

I don't think there is a solution for Gmoccapy.

There might be. Gmoccappy has its own macro buttons. I use them for x,y touchoff using a laser pointer.
I've never bothered to look at the screen preview but maybe that will work becasue its using a Gmoccapy feature, not a plasmac feature. Check the gmoccapy documents fro details. Its well documented.

More
29 Aug 2020 12:08 #179928 by EW_CNC
Excellent! It works, right what I was looking for.:)

You might want to consider adding it in PlasmaC documentation as a user button option.

phillc54 wrote:

For Axis you could try:

g10 l20 p0 x0 y0 \ %axis-remote --reload

this will set the coordinates then reload the program which refreshes the preview.

Many Thanks,
Earl W
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, snowgoer540

More
30 Aug 2020 21:24 - 30 Aug 2020 21:24 #180107 by snowgoer540
I did this today, and found it a little annoying that it didn't clear the live plot (thick yellow line of where you'd jogged around) as well. A little digging around, and guess work, and I discovered that this does both:
G10 L20 P0 X0 Y0 \ %axis-remote --reload \ %axis-remote --clear
Last edit: 30 Aug 2020 21:24 by snowgoer540.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, EW_CNC, Tesremos, BeagleBrainz

More
05 Sep 2020 22:36 - 05 Sep 2020 22:39 #180867 by snowgoer540

I did this today, and found it a little annoying that it didn't clear the live plot (thick yellow line of where you'd jogged around) as well. A little digging around, and guess work, and I discovered that this does both:
G10 L20 P0 X0 Y0 \ %axis-remote --reload \ %axis-remote --clear

One more thing would could be added to make this button perfect... it needs to re-zoom, to bring it back to the center of the screen and sized correctly. If I click "top view" it does what's needed, but I dont know how to do that via code. Any ideas?
Last edit: 05 Sep 2020 22:39 by snowgoer540.

More
05 Sep 2020 23:04 #180871 by EW_CNC
snowgoer540 you took the words right out of my mouth!
I keep hitting the top view Z button to center the plot. I probably wouldn't need to, but it sure is ease of mind to see that it touched off correctly before I start to cut. I liked your addition to clear the plot. Thanks all for contributing to PlasmaC. I checked around, but with my limited understanding of LinuxCNC I didn't find a solution to centering the plot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
06 Sep 2020 12:13 #180973 by snowgoer540

snowgoer540 you took the words right out of my mouth!
I keep hitting the top view Z button to center the plot. I probably wouldn't need to, but it sure is ease of mind to see that it touched off correctly before I start to cut. I liked your addition to clear the plot. Thanks all for contributing to PlasmaC. I checked around, but with my limited understanding of LinuxCNC I didn't find a solution to centering the plot.

Hmm, I did poke around the Axis manual as well, but I couldnt come up with anything. I'll see if I can find anything over on the axis portion of this forum that already exists, maybe I'll ask there as well.

More
06 Sep 2020 12:18 #180977 by phillc54
There is nothing I know of as standard. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to create something in plasmac_axis.py.

More
06 Sep 2020 12:20 #180978 by snowgoer540

There is nothing I know of as standard. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to create something in plasmac_axis.py.

I wouldn't even know where to start :laugh:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds