IHS sensing with laser sensor

More
23 Sep 2020 15:41 - 23 Sep 2020 15:42 #183482 by Himarc3D
Here they sensing material using laser, i think the edge.

I think this paper is about the height control you guys use, expired patent, maybe help.

patents.google.com/patent/JPH06312270A/en

Original with figures
tokkyoj.com/data/tk1995-88655.shtml
Last edit: 23 Sep 2020 15:42 by Himarc3D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2020 15:44 #183483 by pinder

What if we could hook a cheap tof10120 sesor?

That would work perfectly, right until you fire the torch ! :)
Plasma emits so much IR and UV and everything in-between that it would mess up the readings, badly.
That would be much better to use for probing, well eliminate the probing all together, and that would be a good idea, but it would have to be cleaned very often as it would get covered by fine dust from cutting.

that is the only reason i started this thread.
This would only be used for probing after that height will be controlled with voltage.
Tof10120 is a laser sensor, so protective glass can be used which can be replaced or cleaned after a while.
The amount of time saved is huge, a little cleaning should not be a problem

More
23 Sep 2020 15:58 #183488 by taloot

Laser head senses IHS without touching the workplate which saves a lot of time. Laserhead continues to use capacitive sensing for height sensing.

What if we could add a Capcitive sensor only for IHS and then disable it and switch to voltage sensing. This will save Frequencies messing with capacitive sensor, and it can remove touch off completely.

TalooTHC by taloot would be a great option to work with. What do @phillc54 thinks about it?

i agree with philic regarding the reliablity
capacitave need to be cleaned btw chinese systes use same idea as urs.. arc voltage + capacitive ring,.,. same as u mention in oxyfuel... but with plasma and laser the grain is very small ( steel dust) if the sensor covered with it then u have to clean it,,
u can buld ur own detection ring but the detecting range about 30 mm
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, pinder

More
23 Sep 2020 16:23 #183491 by pinder

Laser head senses IHS without touching the workplate which saves a lot of time. Laserhead continues to use capacitive sensing for height sensing.

What if we could add a Capcitive sensor only for IHS and then disable it and switch to voltage sensing. This will save Frequencies messing with capacitive sensor, and it can remove touch off completely.

TalooTHC by taloot would be a great option to work with. What do @phillc54 thinks about it?

capacitave need to be cleaned btw chinese systes use same idea as urs.. arc voltage + capacitive ring,.,. same as u mention in oxyfuel... but with plasma and laser the grain is very small ( steel dust) if the sensor covered with it then u have to clean it,,

I will surely try this, whenever I get some time.

More
23 Sep 2020 16:28 #183494 by pinder

I will surely try this, whenever I get some time.

Laser sensors would be easy to clean

More
23 Sep 2020 19:22 #183506 by Mike_Eitel
I can add some expirience with air based sensors. (U measure the "back" pressure of a nozzle) Did that with laser printed cd labels on special foil. We used that on our first protos to see the edge of the foil. Quite precise. Also good to decide for a given distance derection. But i gues water, debris etc. will give you to much problems with a nozzle in plasma. Plus air is not free...
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
23 Sep 2020 22:32 #183522 by tommylight

Something like that machine will set you back at least 700000$, so not DIY in any way, shape or form. I am planing to build one, when i retire ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

More
23 Sep 2020 22:43 - 23 Sep 2020 22:46 #183524 by Himarc3D
Very expensive, no dobut i just showed it because i think they blow air to keep clean
I dont think they clean it often.
You guys already have compressors but like Mike told this have a cost.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2020 22:46 by Himarc3D.

More
24 Sep 2020 16:01 - 24 Sep 2020 16:06 #183606 by pinder
Definately on the to do list.

I will try different sensors, Ordered from ALI.

we can use protective covers.
what we can do use some kind of pneumatic or soeloid mechanism which retract and uncover sensor during probe.

Using them at offset will cause any problem?
Last edit: 24 Sep 2020 16:06 by pinder.

More
24 Sep 2020 16:16 #183608 by pinder

Something like that machine will set you back at least 700000$, so not DIY in any way, shape or form. I am planing to build one, when i retire ! :)

I think couple of arduinos and linuxcnc can do that.
Classicladder PLC can also be helpful. Trigger different things relays.

No doubt designing the whole process will be difficult

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds