setp plasmac.probe-final-speed / changing probe up speed in connections.hal

More
25 Sep 2020 11:39 #183707 by phillc54

Thanks again for implementing the feature Phill.

+1
I was in agony because of this, having an immensely fast machine waiting for so long.... :)

Yes, I was a bit slow on the uptake with this. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2020 12:02 #183708 by Clive S

+1
I was in agony because of this, having an immensely fast machine waiting for so long.... :)

You need to pull your socks up Phill B) :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

More
25 Sep 2020 12:05 #183709 by phillc54

+1

You need to pull your socks up Phill B) :ohmy:

Haha, I would if they weren't full of holes. :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
25 Sep 2020 14:57 #183731 by benbenben

Line 787 here:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...ponents/plasmac.comp

I was reluctant to take it much higher in case it affects the probed height too much.

great phil, i thought i have to spend days figuring that out programming and debugging now i just can just focus on recompiling or whatever is necessary to get it in my config:pinch:

@Mud
setp plasmac.probe-final-speed 10
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Mud

More
25 Sep 2020 16:49 - 25 Sep 2020 16:50 #183747 by Mud
Thanks - I can see you have a lot of overshoot, so that demonstrates why you want the high speed :)

edit: your lower bearing housing looks loose btw.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2020 16:50 by Mud.

More
25 Sep 2020 23:10 #183764 by phillc54
@benbenben

Wow, you have a LOT of hysteresis in that setup.

More
26 Sep 2020 09:55 #183815 by tommylight

@benbenben

It looks like a 12mm sensor, so he would end up having 13 to 14mm of hysteresis , depending on the sensor sensitivity.

More
26 Sep 2020 10:00 #183817 by phillc54

@benbenben

It looks like a 12mm sensor, so he would end up having 13 to 14mm of hysteresis , depending on the sensor sensitivity.

That is something I had not considered, my float switch is a mechanical microswitch with very little hysteresis. Maybe I should increase the limit of 10 and folk can setup whatever suits them, although I must admit that I thought X10 would be plenty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
26 Sep 2020 11:17 #183834 by Mud
Here's a video showing my probing, since the setup has a similar sensor in the same orientation (up the top due to noise issues) - I think benbenben can tweak it a bit to improve timing...although I don't think it's that slow really. The sensor bracket on mine is vertically adjustable, so I can get it close to a hair-trigger (but enough offset to be completely reliable). Probing here at 2000mm/min, and plasmac.probe-final-speed set to 10 (admittedly turned these up a tad just now - my rig is still in proving so slowly optimising).

There's obviously a trade-off with probing silly-fast since you'll get increased overshoot.

The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
27 Sep 2020 15:53 #184001 by benbenben

@benbenben

That is something I had not considered, my float switch is a mechanical microswitch with very little hysteresis. Maybe I should increase the limit of 10 and folk can setup whatever suits them, although I must admit that I thought X10 would be plenty.

i am on an crappy 20eur ebay computer and cant bump up the value for accl in z due to stepgen limitations otherwise it would be able to stop faster and i didn't need the high move up speed

the settings in the video were probing total z high at maximum speed, now changed to probing half z high with reduced speed and it reduces the overshoot, not as fast as i would like but considering my equipment, its fair

yes screw is M12, sensor head is 10,5
i think its not about sensor size caus it triggers at half its diameter or even less(seen by eye)

the thing what makes me wonder is that i have the same sensor as home switch and search faster for home then probing and the overshoot is minimal, i would say 8mm from trip point, but i guess the deceleration is increased in upward motion bc of the weight of torch pushing down...maybe i add a spring which gets tensioned while moving down :laugh:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds