I’m lost and way behind on updates

More
14 Jan 2021 18:19 #195353 by JTknives
So just cut and paste them over to the other file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2021 20:08 #195365 by rodw
No,
fix it so it runs
open your old connections file in a text editor.
run the configurator and copy the pin names accross into the configurator fields.

The price you pay for early adoption! Plasmac has got easier to install for a noob but unwinding an old config so you can follow the process can be annoying.

Don't get too comfy. QTplasmac is coming. ts in master branch

More
14 Jan 2021 21:32 #195368 by JTknives
I started up my good hard drive and yep no connections file. I looked in my machine.hal and all my pins are in there. I then started up the other hard drive and in the origanial installation there is a connections file. So I opened that up to make changes to it but it’s missing pin call outs and I’m not sure how to start the program to just change this file.

More
14 Jan 2021 22:06 #195370 by phillc54
If you are starting with a fresh hal and ini file from pncconf then use the configurator. Follow the install procedure from the user guide.

More
17 Jan 2021 07:35 #195634 by JTknives
Ok that was way easier then the first time i set it up. I just started over and went step by step and presto it worked. I did not start out that way because the first time i installed this a few years ago a lot of stuff had to be entered manually. but now its crazy simple as long as you know all your pins and ratios going into it.

I have one final weirdness that is causing a head scratcher. Everything works as it should except its not reading any voltage. When I test fire the torch I get nothing showing up on my voltage. I set my Arc voltage in the configurator to
hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.00.velocity
and my voltage scale to .011526 & offset to 3644.0 (the new calculator says it should be 0.00757845 & 3,643.7500
I tried to run a file and it started the arc and just sat there till it timed out because it could not see the voltage. My plasma is a 45 XP set to 20 devider and my thcad is 0v=116.6Khz 10v 961.1Khz

More
17 Jan 2021 07:41 #195636 by phillc54
Did you add these in your hal file?
setp  hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.00.scale -1
setp  hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.00.filter 1
setp  hm2_7i76e.0.encoder.00.counter-mode 1

More
17 Jan 2021 08:01 - 17 Jan 2021 08:02 #195637 by JTknives
I did see that my old working hal file had that code but I was a little gun shy after butchering the Hal hand job the first go around lol.

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2021 08:02 by JTknives.

More
17 Jan 2021 08:10 #195638 by phillc54
Haha, it gets like that...

You do need them, they set up the encoder.

More
18 Jan 2021 01:55 #195741 by JTknives
Thank you guys for all your help, your the best.

2 things I noticed that I would like to tweak is bring back the “Optional Stop” and “Load Sheet” buttons. Currently my table stops at every tool change and waits for me to push pause to start again. I also use the load sheet button all the time to send it home. I have not gotten around to installing the homing limit switches as I hit the ground running once it was fired up so I can’t send it to find home. I’m hoping to get them installed soon. Oh and some how this installation does not require homing When I start up the machine. How can I fix that, I looked in the settings bout could not find it.

More
18 Jan 2021 03:05 #195745 by phillc54

2 things I noticed that I would like to tweak is bring back the “Optional Stop” and “Load Sheet” buttons.

Optional Stop is in the Axis toolbar at the top centre.

Load Sheet is done as a custom user button in the ini file:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...#custom-user-buttons

Oh and some how this installation does not require homing When I start up the machine. How can I fix that, I looked in the settings bout could not find it.

Not sure what you mean here, if you mean jog before homing then see NO_FORCE_HOMING in the [TRAJ] section of the ini file:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/ini-config.html#_traj_section:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds