Suggestion QtPlasma and PlasmaC

More
10 Mar 2021 18:44 #201679 by Uthayne
Good call, for some reason I never thought to do that. I usually jog it around manually.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2021 19:04 #201686 by tommylight
Thinking of it, the rectangle thingy will not work for plasma as the torch will be high enough for us mortals not to be able to see it line up properly with the material, has something to do with perception .... My torches are 150mm above the material ! :pinch:

More
10 Mar 2021 19:12 #201688 by snowgoer540

Thinking of it, the rectangle thingy will not work for plasma as the torch will be high enough for us mortals not to be able to see it line up properly with the material, has something to do with perception .... My torches are 150mm above the material ! :pinch:

No worries Tommy, Snowy's got your back... haha I had the same use case as I don't have a laser either, so all you have to do is add "usecurrentZheight" in the INI file to run the framing routine at the current Z height :)

From linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...ml#qt_button-framing:

...it is possible for the user to omit the initial Z movement and run the framing sequence at the current Z height by adding "usecurrentZheight" after "framing".
BUTTON_n_CODE = framing usecurrentZheight
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
10 Mar 2021 20:50 #201708 by tommylight
But i do have lasers, it's just that ... well i can not see them 3 meters away from me ! :)

More
10 Mar 2021 20:56 #201711 by snowgoer540

But i do have lasers, it's just that ... well i can not see them 3 meters away from me ! :)

I’ll mail you some metric binoculars in that case. :)

More
10 Mar 2021 22:00 #201730 by phillc54
QtPlasmaC has a fairly good run from line option:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtpl...tml#qt_run-from-line

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds